Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy treestands...Hunter vs. Hunter Pro

Are you sure? The one I looked at had the equavilent of a "V" bracket but not an "Offset" bracket like Lone Wolf offers.

Any Muddy/Lone Wolf users out there that can say for sure?

I can personally tell you that I love my lone wolf. Top notch stand, very portable and easy to hang. I've never used a muddy stand but have heard good things about them as well. I don't think you would go wrong with either, but again, from personal experience i'd have to tell you to go with the lone wolf.

After reading all this, I guess the only benefit the Muddy has over let's say a Gorrilla or standard Treestand is you can adjust the plat forms but they cost a little more.

When comparing them to Lonewolf, the only benefit would be lower cost but its not really a comparison because you still have to hold that stand against the tree and ratchet it tight. Which is the purpose of the Lonewolf.

I guess in the future. I would keep my Lonewolfs for same day set ups and buy the steel Muddy hunter stands for permanent stands that don't get moved often. Then you would have best of both worlds.

They have an offset bracket

I'm sorry but I'm not convinced that they do have an "Offset Bracket".

Those of you who use Lone Wolfs know that there is a difference between the "V Bracket" and the "Offset Bracket".

The Offset Bracket allows for you to hang the stand plumb on a crooked tree.

The Muddy stand that I looked at appeared to have more of a "V Bracket" rather that the Offset one.

I'm just trying to figure this out before I buy one. To me, the Offset Bracket is huge.

I've looked at some pics of these stands online and I really haven't seen anything that shows an offset bracket.

Having said all this, they look like great stands, just trying to figure something out.

A little help?

Contact Boyd at Buckhollow. He is a dealer for them and has a post on the second page of this thread. He goes by gunrunr here on IW.

I agree with liv, the main reason I spent the extra $$ on our lone wolf alpha's is the easy hang system. I HATE having to hold the stand up while attaching it to the tree. If muddy could come up with a similar system, while keeping the price reasonable, I'd be on board wholeheartedly.

I just replaced the ratchet strap on my Muddy stand with a cam lock strap. If you pull it tight with the platform in the "up" position and then lower the platform, it digs into the tree and is rock solid. This is much easier than messing with the ratchet strap.

I like the muddy sticks but as far as the stand I would rather have a LW. Much better stand IMO.:way:

Is there anyone on here that has both a Lone Wolf and a Muddy?

If so, does the Muddy have a bracket similar to the LW offset bracket (with 3 possible stand-to-tree contact options) or does it have a more traditional V shaped bracket (2 contact points)?

Thanks.:)

The muddy only has two contact points.
tttt.jpg

Top Bottom