Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

mushrooms

J

jasonswihart

I don't know about you guys but I sure am ready to find some mushrooms! after a long winter and some so so shed hunting I cannot wait to get out and look under my favorite dead elm and top that off with a few bluegills on the beds.

yay.gif

three different seasons for what? I'm not with you alaskan

I love shroom hunting, but my true love is finding those gills on the beds you really cant beat claiming gills from there beds.

Yeah I love knocking those big gills off with my flyrod. It's like havin a big bass on there when you hook into a 9 or 10 inch gill!!
waytogo.gif
Oh yeah, almost forgot, the shrooms are'nt bad either.

I dehydrated some last spring because we had so many. MadisonB&C and I just ate a huge pile of them with a ribeye last week. I will definately continue to dry some down every spring. They aren't fresh but they are still great eats.

I just had some the other day also Ironwood. Sure is great having them any time. Looking forward to this season. Only about 7 more weeks!
fc4045fe.jpg

Shovelbuck, Don't start with the pictures again! I still haven't forgiven you for last Spring.
biggun.gif
cussing.gif
threaddevil.gif
kickass.gif
bawling.gif
Maggs

DANNNNGGG Shovel, that just is not right!! WOW!!
bigshock.gif
bow.gif
Here I sit eatin on a stick of deer bolony I just picked up from the butcher.

Sorry guys, I forgot how nasty i was to you last year. I won't post any mushroom pics for awhile. They did go well with these yesterday for dinner though.
evil.gif
f99196d3.jpg

Shovel it looks like you had the same kinda hunting I did last year. It was great at first but then we got to the point where we wouldn't pick em if they were'nt at least 4 inches. We literally had garbage bags full. Hope this year is the same as last year. There will be alot of mushrooms and beer being consumed.

Are those crawdads did you catch them yourelf? How did you do it. Kinda wanted to try catching some ever since i had some at the Nordic Fest up here in decorah.

I bought those at the store but have caught them in the past. I just walk around a lake in about 2 foot of water late at night when they are out. A good flashlight, bucket and your hands is all that you need. And proper licenses.

hey guys i needed some gas mone and can anyone sell mushrooms? and for how much. they are fun to look for i just would like to make some cash from doing something fun. and u need licenses to catch krawdads
???

crawdads come out at night, but you can catch them in the day. One way i used to was to look for a creek that had mud banks, if the mud banks had burrow holes in it, that's where the crawdads are at, use a seine net with a friend and you'll get a lot of bait, including crawdads, bigger dads hide under rocks along river or lake banks, many fish, catfish, bass, etc, will come in the shallows at night to feed on them.

Top Bottom