Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader Help

Elitebowhunter

I have a year to plan this but I want some input from you guys. I have been telling myself that this is my last shotgun season for awhile and today was the last straw. I am tired of having all the competition from other hunters during shotgun season.

I am going to be getting a muzzleloader but would like some input on what to get. I have been doing some searching online of different brands and such and this is one I like.
Now, feel free to voice your opinions on what you shoot/like/dislike. I am open to any suggestions.

I plan on purchasing one between now and shed season. Any good deals that I may not know about?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CVA-...muzzleloader&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

Whatever you get, I suggest a stainless barrel. Easier to maintain.

Haven't heard anything bad about the accura. You can find a better deal though. Probably around 400

I agree. Love the Accura V2. Unless you really want the camo, that is a place where you can skimp in my opinion. I do however really like the thumbhole stock. I have the Black Synthetic/Stainless with a thumbhole stock and it is a tack driver. I would shop around before jumping on one for that price. Should be able to get one a little cheaper.

Also any idea what you are going to be shooting out of it for powder? If you are going to shoot Blackhorn I recommend getting the special breech plug right away.

I love my Accura V2. I would hold off until spring / early summer to buy. I saw them as low as $350 last spring. They really do a price drop during the down months. Awesome guns though!!

I don't think you will find any bad ML these days, maybe some cheaper models and they will shoot ok, but you need to handle a few because like any gun they feel different from one another. I prefer the break open models for cleaning ease. After hunting season is over there will be some sales to try and move a few before next year and I've seen a few nice used ones at Scheels in the past.

Just bought the the Accura V2 last week. Took it out and with a cheap scope and had it hittin were I wanted it in no time. I plan on buying a better scope before next year but it is an awesome deal on a great gun. Super easy to clean as well.

Love my omega with the thumb hole stock, 7 yrs 14 deer. My only complaint with TC is the hammer not having an extension on the side for use with a scope.

Top Bottom