Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader quick reload

What does everyone use to carry reloads for their muzzleloaders? I am shooting loose powder. I bought some no name reloading tubes from somewhere and the Crusher sabots will not go in them. I have some TC ones that are for my Hawken's that hold the bullet with the charge on top of it. The lid that you pour the charge out of holds the no 11 cap, but can not hold a 209 primer.

Hopefully I do not need to make a rally fast reload tomorrow. I have a feeling I am going to be a cluster, if I do.

TC speedloaders are what I have. I generally don't put the 209 primer in them, just keep my primers in a different pouch of my fanny pack. I usually carry 3 speedloaders in the main pouch along with a pair of pliers and a bunch of primers in the small pocket.

ForumRunner_20151211_205747.jpg

No idea what kind I use but they are red. Hold the bullet and sabot on the bottom and they start the bullet. Hold powder up top and the lids hold a 209 primer.

I have a couple of the tradition mag speed loaders and some of the power belt ones to refill those. They keep the powder and bullet separate and primer fits in the lid. I keep spare bullet/sabots in other tubes also.

I used the ones that I have for my Hawkin yesterday and it seemed to work fine. It is like the one LYON showed, without the sabot starter. Bullet and sabot go in hole on bottom and powder is poured on top of it from other side. I can not put a 209 on it, so I carried extras in a holder made of rubber from TC. The reload that I did was fairly fast, other than kind of searching my jacket pocket for the primers. Would like to have a bigger tube if I end up shooting over 100gr. of powder.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom