Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzy for Xmas!

To the man that is bashing CVA. You only like TC because that's what everyone on TV shoots. Research before you talk who has the best barrels on the market.

If given the choice I would pick the cva accura v2 but since the old man picked out the TC I would just keep it. It will work well.

If I had my choice I would go with the CVA Accura V2. Have shot both and I prefer the CVA which I now have. But since your dad got you the TC I would pry stick with it.

DEE DOG,

I hope I didn't offend you, but T/C has made one of the top muzzleloaders for a really long time (20 plus years). I know CVA has came a long way, but they had to come a long way because they made total crap for years. I'm glad they actually make something worth shooting now. I can only say that my Encore and Pro-Hunter muzzleloaders, rifled shotgun barrels and rifle barrels are more capable than the guy shooting them as far as accuracy goes in my case. My muzzleloaders will shoot a 3 shot group at 100 yards of less than .750" off a lead sled. I've shot many centerfire rifles that won't do that.........

CVA makes a good gun don't get me wrong, I just never liked the feel of them compared to an Encore. Buddy had one for awhile and I shot it several times, just felt different in my hands. Oh, and I got my Encore back in the late 90's when very few even knew ML's existed and no tv shows advertising them.

nothing wrong with either of those choices but i would return it and get a Savage. Of all the guns i own, easily the easiest to handle, clean & it shoots unbelievably!!

The T/C is a better gun. Get some really good glass for it and shoot it. Whatever you do, don't skimp on glass....you'll totally ruin the performance of the gun if you do.

I have that exact gun, and I love it! Tack driver for sure!

Put a good scope on top and you'll be set! Im thinkin on up grading from my nikon to a Leoupold after seeing my buddies scope he just got lol

BabyG,

Sorry to get all huffy in my pants. I shoot a CVA optimum and very pleased with the performance . I can hold a 6" group at 250 off the lead sled. Killed a good 10 pt last year at 295 ranged.i guess it's the same old argument between men. Ford vs. Chevy Matthew vs.hoyt or ( proline) ha ha

Thanks for all the input. I have decided I am going to get the Zeiss Terra 2-7 x 32mm scope put on my Pro Hunter FX. Thinking of going with the Warne Maxima series base and rings. Would you recommend low or medium scope rings with this setup? It has a swing hammer so don't think there would be a scope/hammer clearance issue...

Again, I've never killed any big game with a gun...just bow, so I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to rifles/scopes. This will be my only setup with gun so I figured I would go with a quality setup. Thanks, Mark.

What range do you plan to shoot? I would look at a 40mm scope with at least 9 power if you wanna shoot 200 or further.

Thanks for all the input. I have decided I am. oing to get the Zeiss Terra 2-7 x 32mm scope put on my Pro Hunter FX. Thinking of going with the Warne Maxima series base and rings. Would you recommend low or medium scope rings with this setup? It has a swing hammer so don't think there would be a scope/hammer clearance issue...

Again, I've never killed any big game with a gun...just bow, so I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to rifles/scopes. This will be my only setup with gun so I figured I would go with a quality setup. Thanks, Mark.

I have that scope on my Knight. You'll like it. Go with the low setup. With the right powder bullet and sabot combo that will be a 300 yard gun.

I agree with Liv, get the 40mm for sure. Alot better at gathering light and so many times your shot comes right at dusk or dawn.

Definitely go with at least a 40mm scope. I've even thought about putting a 50mm on my muzzy. Seems when I decide to pull the trigger its right at last light. Check out Burris Zee rings too. I like low rings and I usually take the rear sight off. You've got a great gun and I'm sure you'll fall in love with muzzy hunting.

Top Bottom