Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Personal Bow Best

jw_wildfire

Finally sealed the deal tonight. Here are some pics. He is no monster, but is my personal best with a bow. I will add the story when I am done skinning him out.
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Anyway, not too much of a story. I put in 36 hours in the stand since wednesday afternoon, and it finally paid off tonight. I had seen a lot of deer, but very few bucks of any size. I had decided to shoot a doe tonight if I got the chance. I had several does come out to the edge of the field and feeding into my shooting lane. The first one got to my opening and I took the chance to range it and found she was 38 yds out. I am pretty comfortable to 40 so I decided to take the shot. I started to draw and something spooked the deer and they took off 100 miles an hour into the woods. I was pretty sure my night was done. About 30 minutes later a twig snapped over my shoulder and I spotted a spike buck. I was scanning the woods for any other deer trailing when out of nowhere this buck showed up. I sat in amazement at how absolutely silent he moved through the woods. He came out to the field edge to harass the small buck. He stopped in the exact same spot the doe had been in and I let one fly. I hit a little far forward (you can see the spot in the top pic) but the 3 blade rage I shoot penetrated into the cavity and did enough damage to drop him within 50 yds. This is my first kill with Rage and I was more than pleased with the results.

Last edited:
Nice buck for your personal best. just remember its your tag dude not what everyone else thinks you should shoot. thats a nice buck. Congrats.

Top Bottom