Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My thoughts on leasing

I think bowmaker and jkratz made some excellent points. Double A, I wasn't trying to pick on you or THA4. I understand why both of you lease and I don't have any negative feelings about either of you for doing so. Double A, I am also glad to hear that you are sharing your lease with others. My concern isn't that people choose to lease ground. My concern is that eventually the average Joe wont be able to take his kids hunting. And while you can afford to pay $1500.00. The next guy might not be able to. Maybe he can afford $2,500.00, $3,500, or $4,500. I think the point that bowmaker and I were really trying to make (or to get you to realize) with our question was that unless you can afford to pay $60.00+/acre for a lease, you are really an average Joe just like 95% of the guys on IW. That being said, if the big money guys get in we will all be in the same boat. This is what the average Joe who lives in West Central, Illinois faces right now! This push is a direct result of TV shows, videos and magazines that are now proclaiming Iowa as the "land of the giants". The last 3-5 years Iowa has been getting 3x the publicity as Illinois. This publicity will only be worse now that the governor is handing out 75 tags (increased from 25 in 2006 to 75 in 2007) to TV, video and magazine guys to promote Iowa's deer hunting. If outfitters/NR get their foot in the door, hunting as we know it will come to an end. The average Joe's only chance is if we can keep NR tags at current levels and no preference to NR landowners or transferrable tags. I agree with bowmaker's last line. "While I can understand some of the reasons a person might purchase a lease I still think that it will ultimately lead to our downfall."

ok so i just went through the whole thing, which i never read before, I can not believe the ignorance shown in this post.

Let me ask you this, If u had no land to hunt. and found a section that a guy would lease to you.... you could afford it. Would you not hunt or would you lease it?

How many of you would give up hunting before leasing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ok so i just went through the whole thing, which i never read before, I can not believe the ignorance shown in this post.
</div></div>

Who exactly do you think is ignorant?

i have an idea,
how about no one owns or leases land in iowa and EVERYTHING is public....

then who ever can hunt whereever, whenever they want.....

no questions asked.......

Right on Nick!

Truth is, I don't know what the mark is that I will quite paying. Guess when I don't have enough money!

GUYS, WELCOME TO THE WORLD.... It isn't just hunting. We keep talking about lease prices going up and how people say they will never pay for a lease!!!

YEah, anyone remember gas when it was at 1.16 and everyone said, if gas hits 1.50, I am never going to drive again? Now I keep hearing, if gas hits 4.00 I am done driving.........

So let's boycott leasing, heck let's boycott gas, let's boycott TAXES!!!!!

WOW, guys the reality is everything has a price, and right now 1500 for Exclusive hunting is a fair price to me! I know many who spend that on a 5 day out of state hunt!!

People spend 40,000 dollars on trucks, 8,000 dollars on 4 wheelers, 300,000 on houses, and I could go on forever! Yup when I was 9, hunting was easy to come by! I know people who bought hundreds of acres for 250 to 500 and acre, and guess what, THAT ISN'T THE CASE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I want to make this clear, cause I keep seeing things about farmers talking in the coffee shop, and having leasing spread like wildfire, BUT I DID NOT LEASE FROM A FARMER!!!!!!!! I DID NOT STEAL ANYONES GROUND!!!! I LEASED FROM A NETWORK THAT GOES OUT AND RECRUITS FARMERS!!!

See, did all of you even know there are companies that go out and find farmers that want some money and then the company advertises the lease and then sells out the lease contract!!!!

I know, I know, BOYCOTT THOSE COMPANIES!!!!! Save your fingers on typing that back to me! It is already happening, and is going to continue!

Truth is, I don't know where my stopping point is, but currently, my wife gives me 1500, and I spend 1500, If it goes up I have one exceptional power, that no one can take from me, and that is MY POWER TO CHOOSE!!!Yes or no, is it worth it, r is it not!

QDM, and BOWMAKER, don't worry nothing is personal, and I don't take it that way!

i know I am the problem!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Truth is, I don't know what the mark is that I will quite paying. Guess when I don't have enough money!

GUYS, WELCOME TO THE WORLD.... It isn't just hunting. We keep talking about lease prices going up and how people say they will never pay for a lease!!!

YEah, anyone remember gas when it was at 1.16 and everyone said, if gas hits 1.50, I am never going to drive again? Now I keep hearing, if gas hits 4.00 I am done driving.........

So let's boycott leasing, heck let's boycott gas, let's boycott TAXES!!!!!

WOW, guys the reality is everything has a price, and right now 1500 for Exclusive hunting is a fair price to me! I know many who spend that on a 5 day out of state hunt!!

People spend 40,000 dollars on trucks, 8,000 dollars on 4 wheelers, 300,000 on houses, and I could go on forever! Yup when I was 9, hunting was easy to come by! I know people who bought hundreds of acres for 250 to 500 and acre, and guess what, THAT ISN'T THE CASE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I want to make this clear, cause I keep seeing things about farmers talking in the coffee shop, and having leasing spread like wildfire, BUT I DID NOT LEASE FROM A FARMER!!!!!!!! I DID NOT STEAL ANYONES GROUND!!!! I LEASED FROM A NETWORK THAT GOES OUT AND RECRUITS FARMERS!!!

See, did all of you even know there are companies that go out and find farmers that want some money and then the company advertises the lease and then sells out the lease contract!!!!

I know, I know, BOYCOTT THOSE COMPANIES!!!!! Save your fingers on typing that back to me! It is already happening, and is going to continue!

Truth is, I don't know where my stopping point is, but currently, my wife gives me 1500, and I spend 1500, If it goes up I have one exceptional power, that no one can take from me, and that is MY POWER TO CHOOSE!!!Yes or no, is it worth it, r is it not!

QDM, and BOWMAKER, don't worry nothing is personal, and I don't take it that way!

i know I am the problem!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

ANDY STOP IT. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I keep seeing things about farmers talking in the coffee shop</div></div>

my dad doesn't even drink coffee... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ANDY STOP IT. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

LOL, I gotta do something for you to give me crap about Tony!!!

I do think the Trophy Fever, will simmer down eventually. No telling what happens to our economy either, recession or depression? Like bowmaker said, if the pressure to kill, kill,kill,,goes on,, deer numbers and trophy prospects, will dwindle, and the market will adjust itself, and who knows way down the road deer hunting may be something like it used to be, without the almighty $$'s always involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

hahahaa.. I was thinking about last night. we should all get an award. nothing was thrown or broken...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

hahahaa.. I was thinking about last night. we should all get an award. nothing was thrown or broken... </div></div>

At least not yet, Heard from the landlord this morning, and he wanted the back wall 2 foot shorter than where it is!! Going to talk to him this afternoon! If I(we) have to move it, I bet something gets broke or thrown then!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can lock yourself in your state and not allow any nonresidents; just don't get pissed when we say stay out of the west and no elk hunting for you. </div></div>

Jesus Don you are all over the map with this post...

Anyway when I apply for out of state big game or whitetail, I know the rules when I apply and don't bitch about it because I don't live there. Because I used to live in St. Paul I am not upset to pay non-resident fees up there to fish. If they change it, fine.

</div></div>And your opinion on leasing would be appreciated. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
55-60 members on line at any given time, with thousands of members and only 10 or so people that seem to have a comment on such an important issue?? Confusing to say the least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
At least not yet, Heard from the landlord this morning, and he wanted the back wall 2 foot shorter than where it is!! Going to talk to him this afternoon! If I(we) have to move it, I bet something gets broke or thrown then!!!</div></div>

wow. 2 foot.... NOT that big of a deal. and we stayed late to finish that. just slap the guy around a bit.

It really doesn't matter what my opinion is. I am not going to change anyones view on an internet message board. Many times the typed word gives one impression when another is intended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It really doesn't matter what my opinion is. I am not going to change anyones view on an internet message board. Many times the typed word gives one impression when another is intended.

</div></div>Then why give opinions on blazers or feathers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It really doesn't matter what my opinion is. I am not going to change anyones view on an internet message board. Many times the typed word gives one impression when another is intended.

</div></div>Then why give opinions on blazers or feathers? </div></div>

Where is the Handgun to head(suicide edition) gramelin when you need it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then why give opinions on blazers or feathers? </div></div>

seriously HCH, you need to get of your controversy horse!!

who has that picture of a dead horse again......
post it!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because it doesn't challenge the way someone has been brought up or what they believe in. </div></div>Good answer and I respect your opinion of no opinion on the matter. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Damn; Two leasers hoping the thread will die. It is good you let us know your feelings toward the matter, don't be ashamed. That's what a forum is for; to learn, debate, and let others know your point of view. Here is your horse.

beatdeadhorsewm9ih3.gif

Top Bottom