Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

National QDMA Convention

OrionWhitetails

Hello everyone,

Is anyone planning on attending the 2004 QDMA National Convention in Grand Rapids, MI on June 24-26???

For those of you who are members of the QDMA, you are probably already aware of the convention from the latest issue of Quality Whitetails.

For those of you who are not members, you can visit the QDMA's website to find out more about the convention.

Fortunately, I have been able to attend all of the conventions to date and they are well worth the time and expense. This year's convention is the closest they have ever been to Iowa as well.

I hope to see and meet some of you there.

First off I would like to apologize for not being on the site for a month. I moved and just now hooked up a phone line for dial up purposes. So I apologize if anyone was trying to hunt me down.

For those of you who didn't make it to the national convention (99% of you), you missed out on great time. The seminar's were incredible. I've never learned so much about deer/ deer habitat in my life let alone one weekend. The banquet's were very accomodating and the vendors had some interesting stuff at the show as well.

Just to get out of Iowa for awhile and meet other hunters was a good time. Qdma is a window of opportunities for any sportsman because of the vast variety of people involved. Out of our 50 states, representatives from 32 states were present at the convention including 3 of us residents from IA.

I also should mention that grand rapids, MI has an out-of-control night life. If you don't believe me, just ask Ogz or Bowhunt, we got ourselves into plenty of trouble.

The Central Iowa Branch is planning their first meeting sometime in August. There are no dates set as of now and if any of you are interested in just showing up to find out what QDMA is all about it would be much appreciated.

If anyone has any reco's on where to host this meeting please feel free to PM me. I was thinking a nice and quiet watering hole somewhere in the central IA area.

Dan Lokken, QDMA's midwest rep will be attending our first meeting and will be giving a presentation on our org. and what it entails.

I encourage as many of you as possible to show up and see what it's all about. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at iowaqdma@hotmail.com, or send me a PM.

Thanks,

BT

Sounds like you had a great time - wish I could have made it.

Keep us informed on the location - I'll be there.

Thanks,
Chris

I believe Old Buck would be interested in hosting the Central Iowa QDMA get together at his studio. What do you think?

That's an excellent idea if he is interested. I'm still waiting for the midwest rep to give me a date when he can come down for the meeting. I will email him again and find out what his story is.

I will let you guys know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

BT

I wish i could have been at the convention Bowhunt said it was a good time, I am looking forward to the Iowa chapter to have thier banquet

Top Bottom