Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE Iowa, big bucks?????

G

Great Lakes Hopeful

Hello whitetail enthusiasts. I stumbled across this site tonight as I wait for the chance to hunt the great state of Iowa. My hunting partner and I were fortunate enough to draw non-res archery tags this year and are ecstatic to say the least. We will be hunting in Clayton county near the towns of Milleville, Turkey River and Guttenburg. We will hunt Oct 19-21, Nov 2-5 and 13-19. We have extremely high expectations for the hunts! My question to you is, am I being overexpectant? Just kidding, how would you know? Really though, what kind of numbers of deer can I plan on seeing, and how is the buck/doe ratio? Anyone ever hunt these areas? Or from this area? I just would like to know what to expect. I feel we have some prime stands set up. The land we will be hunting consists mainly of a big river bottom, alfalafa fields and a small strip of corn. Please write me your thoughts and expectations for our hunt. I understand that Clayton Co. is the #2 co. for record book Iowa bucks. I hope that within five weeks you can prove it by me. Thank you in advance for your reply's. Happy hunting!

Top Bottom