Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

neck strain

R

rescuebill

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a good brand of binocular straps that take the strain off the neck. I have looked at the hunting catologs and am not sure what the best one is...maybe some of you use these and can give me advise. thanks

RB,

Just my thoughts...

I have decided that I have been carrying to small of binocs all these years and will be lugging around atleast an 8 x 30 pair. This is my reasoning...

Generally, binoculars should have an exit pupil of at least 5mm which is the maximum pupil size of the human eye. For example, a pair of 7x50 binoculars has an exit pupil of 7.15mm, which is calculated by dividing 50 by seven. Compact binoculars have a limited low light ability. For example, 7x26 binoculars have an exit pupil of 3.72mm, which results in reducing the low light visual ability of the hunter.

Now comes the answer to your question, I am using one of my Nikon camera straps for around my neck, plus an elastic body strap to pull the binocs into my body when not in use. This should help keep the neck strain down plus ultimately help me see better/longer in low light.

Just me,

tlhs.jpg

I wear them all day when shed hunting and find a good collared shirt or coat, depending on the weather, helps the most. Also this is one case where downsizing may be helpful.

This summer I bought a CrookedHorn Bino Strap. I can't believe I have not had one before. I love it. Absolutly no neck strain what so ever. I would recomend one to anyone who asks a similar question.

Crookedhorn for sure! You'll forget you have them on. I walked into a store with mine on after coming back into town from a pre-season scouting trip....I felt like an ass!
grin.gif
They only cost $20.00.

One more vote for the bino harness system. It takes all weight off of your neck since the binos are supported by your shoulders. They are awesome, I wouldn't leave for any kind of outing without them attached to my binos.

Top Bottom