Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need a New Box Blind

MO-APE

Picked up and a new farm and am looking for some new box blinds. I've tried shadow hunters, banks blinds, sportsmans condos and a few other no names...not thrilled with any of them.

I'm leaning towards Rednecks, but not digging their premium. The blinds need to support gun and bow hunting and will be raised on 8' 4x4s.

Any other suggestions?

I purchased one last spring. There are few different sizes. I went with an 8' diameter. They are six sided. I think I paid around $1800.

Building an option? Build and set this one last weekend. Exact dimensions of Redneck Buck palace at 1/3 the price. Not 100% done, but close.
IMG_20160424_185357303_zpsfzaivw51.jpg

Building an option? Build and set this one last weekend. Exact dimensions of Redneck Buck palace at 1/3 the price. Not 100% done, but close.

That looks incredible. Realistically building will be out of the picture for me with work and family. Sounds perfect on paper, but know I'll put off :).

We have a redneck, and honestly I am not a fan of it at all. We have a shadow hunter as well that blows it out of the water IMO. Expensive isnt always the best

I have a whole Semi-Load of Muddy Bull Box Blinds coming soon - should be here within a week or two if anyone wants to stop and check them out. Very nice blind at a very fair price.

Muddy box is 3K! Shadow Hunter were reasonable, however, they were bought out by a larger company. Not sure where prices have gone.

Muddy box is 3K! Shadow Hunter were reasonable, however, they were bought out by a larger company. Not sure where prices have gone.

Shadow hunter was bought by a company in Fort Wayne Indiana. They were purchased because the previous owner could not keep up with demand. It's a very good blind for the money.

Not at Buck Hollow they aren't! Not even close to that. Call or stop by for a quote - MUCH less $$ than that - I think you'll be surprised how reasonable they are.

How do you set this? Footings?

...hillbilly engineering and about 10 OSHA violations :)

Build, set, a LEVEL, stand first. Literally just used a 4’ level in all directions and removed soil under legs as necessary. X bracing must be installed before doing anything or it will literally fall apart when you move it. I didn’t do footings. If a guy was worried about differential settling (I’m not), you could install swamp feet on each post. That is just horizontal members that sit on grade and attach to the poles so the poles can’t settle. After stand is level, get stand up there and securely attach/strap. 10' wood stand can be built for less than $200. Redneck charges $1,000. Even if you buy a manufactured blind, I would build the stands as they are so easy and fast. Literally an hour of time to build.
IMG_20160424_173528327_HDR_zpsrlc4an93.jpg

Whole truckload of Muddy blinds in stock here now. Set one up on a short display stand on outdoor range where you can see it better.
Take a look at these and check out the price before you build - you might be surprised how reasonable they are.
blindsinshed.jpg

blinddisplay.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom