Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Never Seen This Before...

NWBuck

PMA Member
Pulled all my cameras in late January, but while spraying some plots a couple of weeks ago, I threw 2 cameras in the ranger and decided to put them up just for the heck of it. Most of the pics showing nothing special, but then ran across these...date and time is correct, FWIW...
upload_2018-6-24_20-18-51.png

Another view...
upload_2018-6-24_20-20-43.png

Prior to this, latest I'd seen a buck still hanging on to one or both sides would've been late April. Here's what we believe is a picture of the same deer last fall...taken in the same location.
upload_2018-6-24_20-26-5.png

Anyone seen anything hanging on this late before? Kinda makes me feel like something must be wrong with him, but don't really have any concrete reason to believe this. Thoughts???

NWBuck

I've heard of some stories where a new antler grew around one from previous year. I'm willing to bet that buck isn't going to take a big jump this year! :)

No answer for you but I have seen it before myself. Crazy the things we see. I had a buck carry velvet until late October this year then lose it.

Crazy, another 1st for me. That's what I love about this site, you see all kind of things not shared anywhere else.

Not sure where it was located, but Trophy Bucks of Iowa posted a picture of a similar sized but still holding last years left side. Somebody took pics through a spotting scope of it. Very crazy though. I wonder what would cause that?

Not sure where it was located, but Trophy Bucks of Iowa posted a picture of a similar sized but still holding last years left side. Somebody took pics through a spotting scope of it. Very crazy though. I wonder what would cause that?

Northwest Iowa.

Crazy! You can see velvet antler on his right side if you zoom in. Wonder how he'll end up?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Crazy! You can see velvet antler on his right side if you zoom in. Wonder how he'll end up?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Here's an update. Not really sure what to make of this guy, but meyeri was correct...there was velvet coming on the right side.
upload_2018-7-24_20-6-17.png

Another view...
upload_2018-7-24_20-7-34.png

Hope to see him this fall, but if so, he'll get a pass just to see what he might turn into. Either way, something I've not seen before for sure...

NWBuck

Another update. From a pretty normal young 8 point last year to a crazy freak this year. Looks like all his growth has gone into the right side, and yeah, nothing but little nubs on the left. Weird stuff...
upload_2018-9-13_14-5-53.png

Top Bottom