Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Bow

R

rescuebill

I'm going to buy a new bow. I have it narrowed down to the Mathews Q2 solo cam or the Hoyt UltraTec. Wich one would you guys pick? Any advice by fellow bowhunters would be factored into my decision.

I am going to bring myself into the 21st century and shoot a release and carbon arrows. I have always shot my 9 year old Hoyt Pro Vantage (impulse) with fingers. I figure its time to upgrade and put my tax refund back into the econmy....lol.

I like the Mathews but don't shoot one. However I think everyone I hunt/shoot with now has one.

I still shoot my old Darton and will use the $800.00 it would cost to outfit a Mathews on a few hunting licenses.

Patrick

both bows r good it depends on what u get used to i shoot a hoyt and its the only thing i have shot so in my opinon its the best

[This message has been edited by justinman64 (edited 08-01-2001).]

Forget the Q2 and the Ultratec. Sack it up and get yourself the Vortec. Why settle for less when YOU can shoot the best!

rescuebill, Glad to hear you'll be using the money as intended! A fully equipped Hoyt is my idea of a "stimulus package" Go G.W.!
I too am getting a new bow. A Browning Take-down recurve. Time to get one of those "extra" roundhead tags!

Well I have narrowed it down to the Hoyt UltraTec or the Mathews Q2XL. Remember I am going to a release so I want a longer axil to axil (more forgiving). The Mathews is 38in the Hoyt is 39in. The Hoyt Vortec is 36in....to short. I will go to my sporting goods store and shoot both.

My friend has a Mathews Q2 and hates it. The cables wear by the cam in no time.

Also the Hoyt has split limbs and the Mathews is solid. I read that one is better than the other and vise versa. A solid limb has to be better don't it? How is the split going to torque evenly?

Can anyone answer those questions for me?

Is this the bow?

ultratec.jpg

Hoyt UltraTec

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 08-02-2001).]

The same a dozen arrows being splined the same. Or the same as two solid limbs on opposite ends of the riser. I doubt its very taxing to pair up the quad bow limbs if quality control is good in the process of manufacturing them. The issue would be making them well enough to remain the same over many years of hard use. The ones on my Reflex have. I guess. No signs of any kind. Get the Hoyt.(but shoot both first so you can honestly say you liked it better
smile.gif

Top Bottom