Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New cameras

bkcrrtnps

For you guys looking at cameras for the new year....Wow is all that I can say with the new ones available for 2016!!

Last edited:
Covert has two new pro deers wireless models. One works with an app you download that allows you to control camera from app. .6 sec trigger, 100ft black flash range. New muddy cameras, new reconyx. For moultrie users a new modem that will work with almost all 2015 models and the new ones this year

Muddy cameras are just redone Brownings.
muddy has a lot of folks riled up over their "new" products which many of are replicas of other manufacturers products. Yes they look just like a browning, hell they may be made by browning lol

Maybe covert is introducing the "working" model camera....something new they may want to try, a camera that actually works!

how does muddy get away with what they are doing? they copied redneck now they have copied hawk hangers and trail cameras

I still can't believe someone hasn't copied Buckeyes cams idea at a much cheaper price point.

BTW check out the deer lab product. I've been doing this by hand since 2010 and it's a pain in the rear end. Once historical data is established on a buck he's in big trouble. You will darn near know what he's going to do before he does depending on the weather and time of year!

Maybe covert is introducing the "working" model camera....something new they may want to try, a camera that actually works!

This made me laugh out loud and almost spit my coffee all over! Couldn't agree more, better option may be the wildgame cams Sportsmans guide has for sale for 27$

FWIW, I have probably had 8 or so Coverts over the past 4-5 years and at the start, all of them were very solid performers, big improvements over the Bushnells and others that I had used previously. So I was puzzled when people bashed them. BUT...then I bought a total of 4 additional ones about 1-1/2 to 2 years ago now and those have all crapped out.

Soooo...my experience with Covert has been very good AND very bad, with no middle ground. I did work through their warranty process here a few months ago and received either straight up replacements for some or partial credit for a couple of the older ones. I am not trying to make excuses for Covert, but the did acknowledge that they had a stretch where A LOT of their cameras had issues.

They had switched manufacturers, or something like that, and the switch didn't work out well. (FYI, knowing what I know about Chinese sourced electronic goods...this came as no surprise to hear this.) The "new" cams that I received from them are all working fine...at this point.

Soooo...while I am not here to defend Covert per se, it seems to me that they did in fact have a real bad stretch on the quality front, but have now corrected that.

This made me laugh out loud and almost spit my coffee all over! Couldn't agree more, better option may be the wildgame cams Sportsmans guide has for sale for 27$
never had an issue with my 40 some coverts running June-Feb every year

I got a cupboard full of dead ones that says your right.

Travis, I was in nearly the same boat about 3 or 4 months ago and I then worked with their warranty department and got some straight up replacements and some partial credits. You might want to check with them, if your cameras are newer, you might be able to get free replacements.

Coverts ? I have had no problem turning mine in for new models if it dies within a year. Have one thats going on 3 years .

Love my coverts. I've had two for a year now with no issues whatsoever and they're still on the same set of batteries. I guess time will tell though.

out of 40 some I have not had 1 issue

unless all 40 are less than a year old nobody is going to believe that you have 40 of any brand of camera and have had no issue. And I have two red 40s I'm still trying to get rid of so I have no more coverts!!!!!!

I am going through the warranty process right now, my covert i bought from Boyd last fall is leaking. I contacted them last week about it, even though I was outside the year warranty period, just because I hadn't checked it for a few months and they replied pretty fast with and RMA # and said send it in and they would replace it. I am pretty tickled about that since is the most expensive one in my fleet.

Top Bottom