Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New cameras

I have two MP8 that just take photos until they are full and then I get nothing! Super sweet! I contacted covert and they said that I I sent them in thy would replace them with new ones...perfect right???? That is until they sent me my same cameras back and said they worked just fine...put them back up and same issue....thousands of pics of nothing for whatever reason!!! NEVER will I own a covert again!!! Now with this being said I've had issues with the newer moultries....so in down to either buying bi and going with reconyx or hunt like we use to and not worry about taking pics anymore...

Travis, I was in nearly the same boat about 3 or 4 months ago and I then worked with their warranty department and got some straight up replacements and some partial credits. You might want to check with them, if your cameras are newer, you might be able to get free replacements.

Thanks I'll check.

Lots of cuddeback detractors based on performance of older models, but I own multiple brands (excluding reconyx) and the Cuddeback E2 is hands down been the best camera for me. You can turn in old non-working cuddes and get a brand new E2 for $100. Register it online and you get a full two year warranty PLUS a prorated warranty after two years up to 5 years.

I am up to 5 of them with my oldest being out nonstop for well over 2 years now. I will be turning in old cuddes this spring for more. I have been super happy.

On another note. I bought 6 brownings this past spring. I have been less than happy with them. Some of my shit wildgames out perform them. I have sent 5 of them back so far and they were replaced with newer Browning models. Some of those went to haywire too.

unless all 40 are less than a year old nobody is going to believe that you have 40 of any brand of camera and have had no issue. And I have two red 40s I'm still trying to get rid of so I have no more coverts!!!!!!
the only ones older than 2 years old are 3 mpe5's and the only issue I've had is a broken latch that I broke

I have two MP8 that just take photos until they are full and then I get nothing! Super sweet! I contacted covert and they said that I I sent them in thy would replace them with new ones...perfect right???? That is until they sent me my same cameras back and said they worked just fine...put them back up and same issue....thousands of pics of nothing for whatever reason!!! NEVER will I own a covert again!!! Now with this being said I've had issues with the newer moultries....so in down to either buying bi and going with reconyx or hunt like we use to and not worry about taking pics anymore...
sensitivity? Hmmm I've only had false pictures with a tree branch moving and I had sensitivity set wrong

Do you by chance have the time lapse mode set to on? If it is, try turning the time lapse AND the start-stop to off. I had my red 40 set up to do a time lapse, then I turned the time lapse off but not the start-stop and it was doing basically what yours is. Just take pictures until the card was full. That may not be it, but worth a shot.

Lots of cuddeback detractors based on performance of older models, but I own multiple brands (excluding reconyx) and the Cuddeback E2 is hands down been the best camera for me. You can turn in old non-working cuddes and get a brand new E2 for $100. Register it online and you get a full two year warranty PLUS a prorated warranty after two years up to 5 years.

I am up to 5 of them with my oldest being out nonstop for well over 2 years now. I will be turning in old cuddes this spring for more. I have been super happy.

On another note. I bought 6 brownings this past spring. I have been less than happy with them. Some of my shit wildgames out perform them. I have sent 5 of them back so far and they were replaced with newer Browning models. Some of those went to haywire too.

I have had some really bad luck with Cuddeback after the c3000. That being said, I bought an E2 and its been awesome. Bought two more and they are hands down the best cam I have owned and 2 yr warranty on the ones I have is great! Will be trying a white strobe next as I love color night photos. They blow my Bushnell Aggressor hd cams away.

out of 40 some I have not had 1 issue

You own a share of the company? Awful touchy.... I see lots of bad reviews and know guys who hated the ones they had. Good customer service is great but cameras in the mail don't do much good. Also for the price, no thanks. Someday maybe, but not today. No need to lose sleep over it. Lots of guys hate Cuddeback, been a few days I did. Doesn't bother me when people slam them, I have myself a time or two.

Do you by chance have the time lapse mode set to on? If it is, try turning the time lapse AND the start-stop to off. I had my red 40 set up to do a time lapse, then I turned the time lapse off but not the start-stop and it was doing basically what yours is. Just take pictures until the card was full. That may not be it, but worth a shot.

I tried all sorts of setting and then changed them to the default setting hoping that would help and of course it did not...maybe I just got two bad cameras but it's enough to make me not want them anymore...to each their own I guess...my 2013 model M-880 moultries are flat out the best camera I've ever used, they just keep working!

You own a share of the company? Awful touchy.... I see lots of bad reviews and know guys who hated the ones they had. Good customer service is great but cameras in the mail don't do much good. Also for the price, no thanks. Someday maybe, but not today. No need to lose sleep over it. Lots of guys hate Cuddeback, been a few days I did. Doesn't bother me when people slam them, I have myself a time or two.
No just telling my opinion, $75 isn't pricey at all. My opinion is they have a camera for every budget and price point. I have about half of the cheap model and the other half red40 and haven't had any issues. I would think if they are "junk" like some claim I'd have at least 1. I've owned other cameras and had issues with all of them and never owned as many. I haven't owned a reconyx but for that $$ I can have another 5-7 cameras. I get 20,000+ pics on a set of regular batteries, never had a leak or problem.

Never had a problem with covert that I didn't cause either. Bummed they may be slipping on quality. Just have to keep these until they give up the ghost...

I've owned camtrakker, cuddeback, mad wildlife eye, scout guard, covert and reconyx. Covert was hands down the worst. Reconyx was by far the most reliable. Some blurry pics at night with irs. Cuddeback capture had by far the best picture. Day or night. I do like the new cuddes, there is some blurry pics at night occasionally. Anyone trying the USA trail cams?

I've owned camtrakker, cuddeback, mad wildlife eye, scout guard, covert and reconyx. Covert was hands down the worst. Reconyx was by far the most reliable. Some blurry pics at night with irs. Cuddeback capture had by far the best picture. Day or night. I do like the new cuddes, there is some blurry pics at night occasionally. Anyone trying the USA trail cams?

I remember the Wildlife Eye! Was pretty fun for a while and gave me some cool footage to look back on. Seemed like I always set it up wrong somehow and it didn't work quite right.

I have used primos, moultries, bushnell, and now my most reliable cams have been the browning cameras. I have a 2013 bushnell trophy hd that has worked awesome. my 2013 m-880 just took a dump, as did all my primos cameras. I don't want to spend $500 on a reconyx, but if it saves me the headache of cameras not working after the warranty is out, it might be the way to go. I have about 6 cameras now that are 2-3 years old that are basically dummy cams.

Tried the new Cuddeback E3 blackflash and it's the worst cuddle I've seen. Night pictures are very grainy which is a problem they have had for the last several years. The major issue is grainy daylight pictures!! I've never seen anything like it. Bought it to give cudde another chance but I'm immediately regretting that decision.

I have used primos, moultries, bushnell, and now my most reliable cams have been the browning cameras. I have a 2013 bushnell trophy hd that has worked awesome. my 2013 m-880 just took a dump, as did all my primos cameras. I don't want to spend $500 on a reconyx, but if it saves me the headache of cameras not working after the warranty is out, it might be the way to go. I have about 6 cameras now that are 2-3 years old that are basically dummy cams.
checked cams yesterday and my buddies browning was dead in 2 weeks while all my coverts were still on a full or 9/10 battery....

I'm intrigued by the new Exodus Lift cameras. 5 Year warranty and 50% off for stolen or damaged cameras. That's a pretty good deal. However, a $230 price point is a little out of my range.

I'm down to Coverts & Bushnells almost primarily. Had many others. I have about 3-4 models of both brands. Each model has given me an issue at some point. I figure I probably send back 15% of my cameras each season roughly. *Not saying there isn't better. Of course I hear awesome things on Reconyx, just too much $ for me with how many cams I run.
When I ran Cuddebacks, I ran 4-5 models, I had a 100% failure rate over a 2 year time frame until I tossed em & said "never ever ever ever again!!!!!!". I will never again ever buy a Cuddebroke after camera issues, customer service, quality, battery life, failure rates, etc, etc, etc.
I think any brand will have issues and each company can easily have a "bad lot" made. Especially those made in China, which is vast majority. But, so far, my Bushnells & Coverts have been "pretty good" and far better than others I've used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom