Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Hunting gear

pete

Well I set out to lose 20lbs for my New Years Resolution and have already lost almost 30. I think I'm gonna need new bow hunting gear any recommendations?

pete said:
Well I set out to lose 20lbs for my New Years Resolution and have already lost almost 30. I think I'm gonna need new bow hunting gear any recommendations?

Man, what are you doing? I wish I could lose weight that fast.

I like my artic shield clothing Jason. Hunted in the coldest (& windy) weather of a few years ago and had had 2 layers of thermals on and had to be careful not to sweat too much walking in. Just watch what level of clothing you buy, some made for light weather and others for the coldest.

Cold weather gear. Your gonna need it since you done have that "insulation" any more!!:D

http://www.minus33.com/catalog/

I concur. About ten years ago I dropped some serious weight and discovered that I got cold easier. So I can personally vouch that cold weather gear might be in order.

Another item I purchased last year was rain gear. I picked up a set of Frogg Toggs. One thing I noticed is that they cut the wind and reduce the amount of clothes I need under them to stay warm, so they killed two birds with one stone. You might consider adding some rain gear. Not totally endorsing the Toggs, I feel like I'm wearing a Tyvek suit, but for the price, it was better than nothing.

I like my artic shield clothing Jason. Hunted in the coldest (& windy) weather of a few years ago and had had 2 layers of thermals on and had to be careful not to sweat too much walking in. Just watch what level of clothing you buy, some made for light weather and others for the coldest.

I looked at articular shield last year! Maybe make that purchase this year. I'm hoping with this weight loss I don't sweat as much in the early season especially when putting up my lone wolf!

My bad, maybe didn't read your post correctly. Having good hunting clothing is a must. I've hunted for way too many years with cheapo walmart type stuff. It works, but I have to dress much heavier than I should to last in the 25-50 degree temps. Alot of the new stuff on the market allows you to wear less clothing and still stay warm. You might want to think about doing a western US hunting trip too.

Top Bottom