Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Project......

Liv4Rut

I know I am going to get a lot of laughs for this one from my buddies but I don't care. A lot of the public areas I hunt are mile long walks on nice mowed trails or field edges. Once I get to the timber it is usually another 3-500 yards in. Since they are such long walks and I am out of shape, I was looking for a way to make it easier on my body and also hoping not to sweat so much. I wanted an easy way to get my gear 80% of the way there and I would carry it in the rest of the way.

One day the idea of using a baby jogging stroller popped in my head so I ran with it. I found one today on craigslist for $20 with a 75lb weight limit and figured what the heck. I took the cover off and made a little base that fits snug on the frame. I then threw on my pack with my lw/ sticks to see how it worked.

The thing is a dream. It pushes easy in the grass with one hand and is dead quiet unlike a deer cart. There is essentially no effort to make it go. I need to paint it up and add a bow holder but I think it will be the ticket this fall.

It will be great for turkey hunting and antelope hunting as well. It also folds up pretty small and would fit in the blind if you were going solo. It could be stashed anywhere as well which i plan on doing when deer hunting.

Yep, I have lost my mind. Work smarter, not harder right????? :D:D:D:D

982-_702889.jpg

982-_794805.jpg

982-_512019.jpg

Last edited:
Please get one for Bonker so I don't have to carry his blind up the hill anymore. You may have lost your "man card", but you will soon be issued your "genius card"!!!!

Please get one for Bonker so I don't have to carry his blind up the hill anymore. You may have lost your "man card", but you will soon be issued your "genius card"!!!!

I will send it up with Bonker next season as I think he lives close to me. :) I am not too worried about losing my man card. I have a bad ankle that hurts so bad some days that the extra 50lb pack I carry in and out each day over a mile makes it tough to do some days. The cart will help me out greatly and keep me in the woods.

I have never used a cart like that one, but I bet it will work out fine, great idea!

FYI, I think someone on this site posted pics of their similar looking "rig" a few years ago. If I recall, it was a pull behind golf cart. I think they used it more for spring turkey hunting and transporting their DB blind.

FYI, I think someone on this site posted pics of their similar looking "rig" a few years ago. If I recall, it was a pull behind golf cart. I think they used it more for spring turkey hunting and transporting their DB blind.

I cant remember who it was but there was definitely a pull behind golf cart for turkey blinds. I actually had one for mine but it did not work well. The wheels were small and when weighted down with blind, decoys, chair and all the other stuff it was never balanced well and always wanted to tip over side to side. It ended up being easier to carry. I am sure there are much better golf carts out there though than what I had at the time.

I cant remember who it was but there was definitely a pull behind golf cart for turkey blinds. I actually had one for mine but it did not work well. The wheels were small and when weighted down with blind, decoys, chair and all the other stuff it was never balanced well and always wanted to tip over side to side. It ended up being easier to carry. I am sure there are much better golf carts out there though than what I had at the time.

You're right, I am sure the big diameter wheels are the key. Years ago I used some bigger diameter wheels, approx. 14", to build a hillbilly transporter for my 10' john boat. We mainly used this when we were waterfowl hunting a walk-in only area in Kansas. My "rig" was just a section of 4" x 4" about 4' long with the axles attached to it and a place to lash the boat to it.

We would put the boat on the "rig" and then load our gear into the boat and pull it like a cart behind us. We were able to take many more decoys, etc, than others could carry on their backs this way AND we then had the boat to float our gear out in the marsh and then sit in and/or keep our stuff dry in. We shot a lot birds with this approach.

Great ideer Liv, bet you get some great reactions when guys see ya pushin that thing down a trail.

Thanks Guys. I am sure I will get a lot of laughs. Probably even hear about it on here some day. I painted it flat hunter green tonight and added pool noodles on the side rails so there is no metal on metal noise. Now I just need to find some offset ATV bow mounts and see if I can mount my bow on a 45 down the side of the rail. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Thanks Guys. I am sure I will get a lot of laughs. Probably even hear about it on here some day. I painted it flat hunter green tonight and added pool noodles on the side rails so there is no metal on metal noise. Now I just need to find some offset ATV bow mounts and see if I can mount my bow on a 45 down the side of the rail. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

The pool noodles will help with any creek crossings! Good thinking, Liv!!

Great idea I'm always amazed with the things guys come up with. I'd use one but I only hunt 20 yrds from where I park the truck. 36 is getting tough on me.

Nice work. I also hunt a few spots that are over a mile walk in and have been using an old mountain bike I bought off Craigslist to get to and from the road. I sweat a lot less just idling along on the bike than walking and my socks stay dryer...feet stay warmer longer on stand. I have been kicking around buying one of those kid trailers that people tow behind their bike and doing a similar conversion to haul in my pack/bow/stand. It might even work to haul out a field dressed deer instead of using a deer cart and recruiting buddies to drag.

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber... you go and do something like this........ and totally redeem yourself. :D

Top Bottom