Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

new recipe (turkey)

BDAHMS

Be here Now
well since its extremely slow on here- and turkey season is upon us- I thought I would put on here a new recipe, why not, its what I do:)

this is by far my fiancés favorite meal we make with wild game- not even a close 2nd for her. and it is easily one of my favorites. and it is way easy to do

you will need-

1 turkey breast- all skin and fat removed
1 large bag of Panko bread crumbs
your favorite seasoning
flour
eggs
lemons

cut the turkey into golf ball size pieces- and then place under clear wrap or a baggie and smash flat- like paper thin just before it starts to fall apart.

then cover in flour

after flour- dredge in the egg

in a pie pan, have all the panko crumbs and seasoning (be liberal on seasoning) in the dish

take the egg covered pieces of turkey and cover both sides with panko and seasoning. grab some extra and pat on, make sure they are covered well. set aside and let sit for 5 or so minutes

put 1/2" or so of oil in a pan just like you would with frying fish. medium heat- you don't want to burn the breading before the turkey cooks - you want a slow fry

fry each side until a dark golden brown

I also made asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes- the potatoes are a perfect match for this.

cut up lemon wedges and with each bite- squeeze lemon juice onto the turkey. it sounds like it may be over powering, its not at all. the lemon juice is what really makes this good.

seriously try this- you will absolutely love it! and don't forget the lemons!!

12512248_941476307534_7234537657726096651_n.jpg

some similarities- but a lot different as well. I really like the crunchy breading of the panko vs just the flour- im sure yours was just as good. IDK what it is with lemon juice and turkey- delicious

I have never heard of panko but I will have to try this recipe. I was thinking of starting a thread for different turkey recipes. Maybe more will post there favorites.

I have never heard of panko but I will have to try this recipe. I was thinking of starting a thread for different turkey recipes. Maybe more will post there favorites.

Just go to your store and ask for them. They will show you where they are. Some are in a box and some come in a tube like a Pringles can tube. Great for breading. And good idea- should be a link for wild game recipes on here.

I found the Panko and made the dish tonight. It was excellent and the lemon was awesome with it. Need more recipes:D

I found the Panko and made the dish tonight. It was excellent and the lemon was awesome with it. Need more recipes:D

Glad you liked it! It's crazy how well the lemon goes with it.

I'll post a few more this week as I try a few new ones out

Glad you guys liked it! Now I'm going to make it again because you're making me hungry for it!

Another HUGE thumbs up for this recipe. Tried it with my family last night using chicken instead of turkey and holy smokes it is some good stuff! If you haven't taken this recommendation, do it, you won't regret it.

With it being the middle of Turkey season- here is a reminder on a great way to cook it- still my favorite wild game meal:)

Top Bottom