Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Remington UML range report..

Got my new Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader a few weeks and got the scope mounted on it. For the scope, I went with a Leupold VX-3 CDS 3.5-10x40.

Took advantage of the decent weather a couple weekends ago and hit took it out to my buddy's range.

Now before I begin, I will post a disclaimer and let you guys know that I have never been a GREAT shot with a rifle. I was using a lead sled so that helps, but I've never been a competition-grade marksman.

Was using Barnes Expander 290 grain bullets, black Harvester crush-rib sabots, and 130 grains by volume of Blackhorn 209.

Anyways, started off at 50 yards, and first shot was about 8" low, so I dialed the scope up and put the next shot dead in the bullseye. Moved back to 100 yards, and first shot was right in the bulls as well, next two were a little to the right, as the picture shows below.

I then put a target out at 200 yards, and fired two shots. Both bullets were about 1.5" apart, about 8" below the target. Didn't take any pictures of that, but I was very happy with it.

Moved the target to 150, which is where I want the scope zeroed, and fired a couple rounds. I had a couple groups that were decent, and moved the scope around a little to center it, but didnt always let the barrel cool back down before shooting again, so that's probably why I had a few that were a couple inches off. Decided to call it quits at 150 and move back to 100.

Went back to 100 and my next 3 rounds were all touching each other, about 3" high. Moved the scope back down about 1.5" (Remington says I should be about 1.5" to be centered at 150), and with a pretty sore shoulder, I decided to call it quits for the day.

All in all, I like the gun quite a bit. I never swabbed between shots, and I probably shot 18-20 shots. The action stayed very clean with no blowback at all. The trigger is better than any trigger I've used on a muzzleloader, and I love not having a hammer that needs to be cocked back before I shoot. Flip the safety forward and shoot. Since shooting that day, I have lightened the trigger up a little, as I usually find factory triggers to be too stiff, but I have not had a chance to shoot with it any more since messing with it.

I'm looking forward to spring getting here so I can shoot it some more.

Nice shooting! I saw those at Scheels a couple weeks back and wondered if the hype was true. If it's anything like a Remington 700 rifle then it's gotta be a pretty good gun. Pretty crazy for a ML gun outta the box!

Top Bottom