Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New skins and a fat doe.

Shovelbuck

I sent my buckskin pants back to the lady that made them to be resized, while she was doing that, I treated myself for my weight loss to a new war shirt. She does real good work! Anyway, I've been pretty busy with restoring things and photography but have found the time to get out for a few hunts.
This mornings hunt tested my resolve. The air was heavy and calm and after the shot, it took a long time for the smoke to clear. She wasn't laying there and I had absolutely no idea where she ran to. I found a small piece of lung and some hair so I knew she was hit good, but no blood trail. :( Since she came out of the corn field, I started my search there since it seems they generally will head back where they come from. I spent probably an hour or better in the corn looking for sign but to no luck. Finally looked the other direction where there were no trails into the timber and found the blood. From there it was just another 30 yds. to her. :)
New rifle is working great and so are the skins. No camo, no blind, I was just sitting in some weeds about 35 yards from where she came out of the corn.

picture.php

I'm really liking having new skins that fit! :)
picture.php

Nice job Jay. Congrats. She looks like a good eater. Least it looks like the skitters won't get through those new skins.

Great story and pictures. Congrats on the doe and for needing a new set of skins!

Your posts are always so interesting and awesome.

Do you have contact info for your lady? I'm looking for someone to make a jacket out of a couple hides and so far I have hit dead ends.

Top Bottom