Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

new to muzzy

tph

for the first time ever i am hunting late season muzzy, i got a traditions pursute break open with scope and i have shot it a few times, question is after a hunt and i get back to the pickup, what do i do to "unload" it? thanks

Take the primer out. No need to unload it unless it has taken on moisture or just been loaded a long while. I shoot BH 209 and have left the load in for 2 weeks. It shot accurately when i did fire it and there were zero corrosion issues. Do your best to keep the gun in constant temperature. Bringing in and out, warm to cold, will cause condensation and cleaning will suck at that point.

To unload it , you can remove the primer, then remove the Breech plug, and use your Ram Rod to push the bullet and powder out of the breeck plug end. Other wise if you will be hunting again, all you need to do is, remove the primer for transporting.
Dave

Or you can just shoot it to unload. Thats what a guy in our group does. I always get exited hearin that gun go off.. Then find out he was just unloadin it....

Take the primer out. No need to unload it unless it has taken on moisture or just been loaded a long while. I shoot BH 209 and have left the load in for 2 weeks. It shot accurately when i did fire it and there were zero corrosion issues. Do your best to keep the gun in constant temperature. Bringing in and out, warm to cold, will cause condensation and cleaning will suck at that point.

That's what I was going to suggest.

On another note, holy crap...where have you been, DannyBoy?

Top Bottom