Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Trail Camera Bait Idea!!

corygnc

I have 6 Cuddebacks and have been experimenting with them over the last 3 years. I've tried everything and had an idea last night coming home.

I've had great luck baiting the cameras using whole corn but the problem has been the does, fawns and small bucks eating most of it.

I grew up on a farm and in our feeders for our cattle we would have the local elevator crack the corn and add salt to it to limit the cattle so they wouldn't over eat on the corn.

I thought of this mix for trail camera bait for deer:

Cracked Corn
Cracked Soybeans
Milo (Sourgham)
Trace Mineral Salt
(I'd have them use a salt that has some trace minerals in it so that the deer would get some more benefit-especially during antler growth- and I would get their advice on the % of salt but I would make it high so that the deer are just nibbling on the feed instead of filling up on it)

I'd then sprinkle it in a large circle around the camera and I thought the deer would then have to pick at it.

In the past I'd have 15 consecutive pictures of the same deer becasue they would just sit at the corn pile and fill up. With this idea I don't think I would.

What do you guys think, would this work????

Thanks, Cory

cracked corn + rain + time= mold which equals no deer.
Everything else seems solid though. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Top Bottom