Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New truck tires?

cybball

I'm going to be replacing my BF Goodrich rugged trail tires soon. I'm mainly driving pavement, but want good traction off road when needed and in snow. Hoping to get more than 45k miles out of them. These are for a 2013 Tundra Crew Max.
Suggestions? Thanks!
Jason

Michelin AT2 all the way. Only AT truck tire I've ever had that makes it to mileage warranty. Had the BFG.. not a fan. Lasted 25k on a 50k rating. They don't even rate them anymore cuz so many got turned in.

Been thru a lot of different tires. On my first set of the AT2.... 100℅ buying again when needed. My 2c

Some people don't like retreads but I have a set of treadwright guard dogs on my beater truck and absolutely love them. Reviews are great concerning mileage as well.

Before you get treadwrights by the time you ship them you can get pretty nice set of tires off discounttiredirect.com that said I know a guy with treadwrights and they have done him well for 30-35000

Super Swamper Thornbirds or Super Swamper TSL-SX. I've had 2 sets of each & have never been stuck, even in mud up to the rockers. BUT, they are terrible on ice.

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ. What I have on my truck- drive it a ton for work and also off road for Hunting. Love them!

Hankook Dynapro atms on my beater , cheap and good ratings , can't really say they have gotten me stuck unless I was up to the frame like a dummy in deep snow .!

Goodyear Wrangler AT. I just put a new set on my Sierra about a month ago. The previous set I got 57,000 on them. I did rotate them every single time every 6,000 miles. That is key.

I just put a set of Kumho Venture AT on my 08 Silverado. I did a lot of research and heard good results with these, just put them on so no snow of mud driving yet. So far have been happy with the ride and not much tread noise, even though that doesn't bother me. Don't know how far you are from Pella, Midtown Tire mounted and balanced and truck aligned for less money the most tires alone.

http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/truck-suv/8CE40218-BC5C-47D0-AC9C-3207A8C1C3A3

I would buy Treadwright wardens. I just picked up a set of 265 75 16s for 106 a tire shipped. Great tires, my last set of the mud tires lasted 45k with no issues.

Hankook Dynapro atms on my beater , cheap and good ratings , can't really say they have gotten me stuck unless I was up to the frame like a dummy in deep snow .!

I've been happy with these on my truck for 20K miles. Good off road and snow traction without excessive road noise in my opinion.

I've been happy with these on my truck for 20K miles. Good off road and snow traction without excessive road noise in my opinion.

X3. Just got a set of these and love them so far. Know a couple other hunters that have them and they do good in mud and snow and they got their 50,000 mi on them. With a$50 mail in rebate, got them for $625, so a decent bargain to boot.

I replaced a set of Bridgestone dueler AT at 50,000 mi and never had any problems. Just went with the Hancock because I wanted a little more aggressive mud tread, and bonus, they were cheaper.

Thanks everyone. Good ideas. Looked at wrangler at's and a few others. Trying to stay away from tires that are too offroad that work well on highways, but that I can take into a muddy cornfield once in a while.

Cooper Discoverer STT or SST have had two sets and they're awesome. I got over 60,000 miles out of my last set on a Ram quad cab

I've had Firestone TransForce AT's (245-65-16). Not really a mud tire, but served the purpose of mostly highway and farm driving. Can't remember getting stuck in the mud, but I also didn't go looking for it. Had oversized Bridgestone Dueler ATs (285-75-16) on before that. Didn't care much for them as they seemed to spin more for me, especially on ice and snow! Obviously worked the engine more as well due to being taller.

275/70/17 BF Goodrich A/T Ko2 has been my favorite tire for my 2500HD. They don't chip on gravel and I spend quite a bit of time there. Almost went Hankook Dynapros because they were cheaper but I am glad now I didnt.

Last edited:
The A/T KO2 is a killer tire. Had 58,000 on my first set and while pretty low on tread at the end they were still doing just fine. Pretty hard to find an aggressive AT that will get that kind of mileage.

Stick with BFG and go with the TA KO or TA KO II. I run the TA KO and have gotten great performance through 4 sets. (250,000mi) Great all around tire and very quiet on the roads.

Top Bottom