Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New truck tires?

I can't believe they haven't been mentioned but Goodyear Wrangler duratracs have treated me very well. On my 4th set. 2nd on my current truck. 1st set went 59000 miles. Chose them years back after really researching this topic. Aggressive but NOt loud on the highway. Great tire and more than enough tread for those muddy/deep snow situations we all get into from time to time... Will and have recommended to a lot of buddies. I'm a fan

Great ideas on these. Still researching. Probably pull the trigger on some in the next 2-3 weeks.

I would vote for duratracs as well. Great tire for me so far. Unbelievable in snow. Quiet and handle well on my daily driver. Holding up too. Haven't been in any serious mud yet with them.

I'm in the same boat and am needing new tires real soon on my 01 Silverado 1500hd. I think i've narrowed it down to the Kumho Road Venture AT or the Hankook Dynapro ATm. Price is playing a large part of my decision but both of these seem to have pretty darn good reviews. I'm still not sure which one I'll pick...

I'm in the same boat and am needing new tires real soon on my 01 Silverado 1500hd. I think i've narrowed it down to the Kumho Road Venture AT or the Hankook Dynapro ATm. Price is playing a large part of my decision but both of these seem to have pretty darn good reviews. I'm still not sure which one I'll pick...

PM sent on the Kumho tires. Was able to get a great deal at Midtown Tire in Pella.

Duratracs.... hands down... I am on 40,000 on the set I have on my truck, and look pretty new yet. I do a lot of highway travels, but when I get off road, usually its pretty ugly and they have handled stuff flawlessly

Just a little advise on when you actually decide to purchase tires. Discount tire direct price matches ANYWHERE. So what I do is jump on eBay and find the best deal possible and then call discount tire, to place my order and let them know of where I can get a better price and get their free shipping.

I would vote for duratracs as well. Great tire for me so far. Unbelievable in snow. Quiet and handle well on my daily driver. Holding up too. Haven't been in any serious mud yet with them.

I would agree. These tires are legit. Been through heavy snow and also greasy mud in southern iowa level b roads. Never let me down. Also not real loud on the street and hold up well to pavement driving. When these wear out I'll buy more.

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ. What I have on my truck- drive it a ton for work and also off road for Hunting. Love them!

I second this! I have these on my 2014 F250 diesel and when we go pheasant hunting in South Dakota we go down some bad roads. With these tires and my 4 wheel drive I have never gotten stuck.:D

Just a little advise on when you actually decide to purchase tires. Discount tire direct price matches ANYWHERE. So what I do is jump on eBay and find the best deal possible and then call discount tire, to place my order and let them know of where I can get a better price and get their free shipping.

Thanks for this! Most places around here only price match LOCALLY.

I'm going to be replacing my BF Goodrich rugged trail tires soon. I'm mainly driving pavement, but want good traction off road when needed and in snow. Hoping to get more than 45k miles out of them. These are for a 2013 Tundra Crew Max.
Suggestions? Thanks!
Jason

I just put new Cooper AT3s on my Ram. The tread is a little more aggressive and there is no noticeable noise difference. They are quiet. They ride nice and handle really well so far. Can't wait to try them in mud and snow.

Well, ended up going to Fleet Farm and getting the Cooper AT3's. I really like the treads and overall reviews of these tires. So far, over 2 weeks, they ride smooth with no more road noise than my BF's. Thinking these should do well this deer season and winter for sure. Thanks to all that gave feedback. Cooper was giving a $70 mail in rebate and Fleet Farm gave me a $50 in store card to use. Thought that was a nice deal.

Good deal. I just drove to North Carolina and back. I really really liked these tires. The handle well and are quiet at 80mph for as aggressive as they are.

• Deleted by tejanus
Show…
Old thread, but I'm a bit surprised that no one mentioned about the Toyo Open Country AT II. I currently run these toyo tires, and I have no complaints. They ride great and offer plenty of traction. They don't have the most aggressive tread design in the world of AT tires, but they are great for highway driving and mild off-roading.

I am on my second set of Nitto Mud Grapplers. I got 40k out of the first set and I am at about 25 on this set and they look about half warn. They are loud but can go through anything. Nittos Trail Grappler aren't as aggressive, but are enough to get you through most everything and will last longer and be a little more quite!

Top Bottom