Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New World Record

I'm by no means an official scorer, but I sure can't see how this point in question would be considered a typical point.

picture.php

Because it matches the other side almost identically

Double drop tine typicals :D

I could give a hoot either way, but yeah I'm with Shovelbuck... no way that is a typical. Blows my mind they even argue about it, but then again the more I think about scoring the more I don't care about it... gross inches for me.

B cand crap..poop and young. Put 1 in the book and it will be the last. Too political a bunch for me. The hunt and chase is the trophy.

I love the King Buck and respect the HECK out of the deer! The circus that Jay Fish has created about it is ridiculous though. The rack speaks for its self, it doesn't need the "current owner of the rack" to speak. Whether or not it IS, it has the appearance of being pretty self-serving.

If the no.3 buck is 189-6/8 gross typical, then its pretty obvious that only a very small percentage of big deer are even entered into this club.

glasgowm said:
I love the King Buck and respect the HECK out of the deer! The circus that Jay Fish has created about it is ridiculous though. The rack speaks for its self, it doesn't need the "current owner of the rack" to speak. Whether or not it IS, it has the appearance of being pretty self-serving.

Very true about Fish. He needs a swift kick

Amazing buck no matter. I don't care about all the organization crap to begin with though.

I do wonder, why hasn't the WR been broke since Hansen? Sure, I totally understand how rare a deer is like that BUT because of the changes in hunting world- so many more mammoths are shattering records in last 15 years. Maybe with all the management that's creating all these giants, maybe they are just getting smashed 1 year too early - even though the world record is one in a million - I think many might be getting killed too young. Only a matter of time though.

Amazing buck no matter. I don't care about all the organization crap to begin with though.

I do wonder, why hasn't the WR been broke since Hansen? Sure, I totally understand how rare a deer is like that BUT because of the changes in hunting world- so many more mammoths are shattering records in last 15 years. Maybe with all the management that's creating all these giants, maybe they are just getting smashed 1 year too early - even though the world record is one in a million - I think many might be getting killed too young. Only a matter of time though.

The hansen buck was a 3.5 year old correct. ;)

The point appears very similar to the left side. Did they classify the left point as a non typical because it appears the point starts like the right side although much taller.

since the right point is non typical (it's an inside point.example would be a double row of points. the outside row is 99% of the time are the typical points, inside rows almost always non typ))
the point on the left, wich is typical, wouldn't have a typical match, allowing it to be whats called a non symetry point (no opposing typical match its a 5x6 not a 6x6) therefore a non typical point. so instead of the point being a deduction, scored as a typical, it is added into the score scored as a non typical. If there wasn't that rule it would always be a deduction typ or nontyp.

Last edited:
Good info Boone. Thanks for the explanation. As a non scorer, I can see arguments from both sides. The rack looks typical, but as Boone describes, things aren't always what they seem.

The hansen buck was a 3.5 year old correct. ;)
I suspect 4.5 based on a 90" plus typical 5pt shed found the yr before off of it, we just don't grow 2 1/2 yr old ten points scoring 200" up here.

That Fish character has really seemed hung up on going to the wall to make the buck he purchased a new World record.

Only a matter of time though
Ture indeed. It is indeed only a mtter of time,.. but it's already been 20 yrs, 20 morecould sneak by as quickly as the last 20 without it being broken and we'd still be a long ways from the same time frame involved when James Jordan held the record.

Top Bottom