Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice night...

Daver

PMA Member
The muzzy spoke and a buck we have a long history with, Goofball, didn't like what he heard. :D

I'll go into more detail tomorrow or Monday, but for now, I am very pleased to be able to tag this great animal. He has been on our farm for several years now and yet we normally only saw him once per year...he was very elusive and mostly nocturnal.

I knew this cool spurt would get at least some of the nicer bucks on their feet in the "October lull". But I was a little surprised to see this one out so early. I shot him, waited 10-15 minutes, trailed him and found him and walked a 1/2 mile back to the truck and still the sun hadn't set quite yet. So he was out way early.

(Note - I had him at 12 yards last year during bow season, the only time we saw him, and should have shot him...only I shot a different buck that had worked in behind me and I couldn't risk turning back around on the stand with two mature beasts inside of 18 yards...so he lived for another year.)

161-goofball1.png

My old legs are a little weak right now after dragging this brute out this evening. (Thank goodness my youngest son was helping me drag and we also recruited our 9 year neighbor boy to light the way for us too.) I am getting too old for this stuff!! :D

But I will sleep a great sleep tonight, knowing that all of the hard work and time spent to create great habitat, etc, pays off when a buck like this one goes down.

Nice deer.

My old legs are a little weak right now after dragging this brute out this evening.

How long did it take for the chest pain to go away? With the "graying" of America I'm thinking soon we will start reading about hunters dying while dragging deer more so than falls from stands.

Top Bottom