Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Night fishing with a floating light

iowabucks

I bought this really cheap floating night fishing light that looks like an older car headlight with a styrofoam ring around it. It's been on the shelf for 3 years and i have never used it.

Has anyone ever used this kind of light and had much luck with it? I am planning a spring trip to Sugema and want to try it out. It is a fairly deep lake with alot of flooded timber. Never have used this light and don't know what to expect. I have read where it takes a while to attract the bugs, then baitfish, then bigger fish.

Question is.... is it worth it?

If it attracts baitfish then it will attract fish that are hungry. So IMO it should work. I bought one at Wal Mart for 8 bucks just to give it a shot. Havent tried it yet but i will soon.

Now that i think about it, the guy at the bait shop here in town fishes for walleye at night under dam 18 and he swears by them. He said it helps alot. But im sure his isnt a 8 dollar wal mart special. Probably has like 15million candlewatt power. Attracts every fish within 2 miles of it.

When I've done this, it was on someone elses boat and we used four lights. They worked great, caught alot of eyes, and when the white bass moved in it was none stop.

Top Bottom