Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No-Plow Clovers

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
How good do No-Plow Food Plots work? I was just wondering because I dont' have the equipment/time right now to spend a lot of time on a food plot, but i do however want one. Any answers or suggestions to this question will be appreciated. Thanks,
sureshot1

sureshot1: I have never used this stuff, but every article I saw about it said it was not worth the time or $$$.

If you sprayed with Roundup then put the clover in a grain drill it would probablly work. Just hand broadcasting your not gonna get anything to grow unless you break up the soil.

Sureshot1,

You don't need any equipment really. A few years back we bought some no-plow clover, went into the woods with a hand rake roughed up a loggin road, threw down the seed and it grew great. The only thing was the deer didn't eat it! Nothing ate it. Now we have four of the most beautiful clover patches you have ever seen, not a weed in them. Clover is plush and 12 inches tall, the only time the deer use it is Jan- Mar. They don't eat it now cause everything is green, they don't eat it in the fall cause of corn, beans and acorns.

My advice would be to use mineral licks, we used Whitetail Institude 30-06 for an entire year on one farm and you couldn't believe the size of antlers in the fall. Here in Michigan hunting stinks cause it's tough to find a deer thats not 1 1/2 years old but we had some of the best 1 1/2 old bucks around. A couple were 12-13 inches wide 8pts. To bad the neighbors mowed them down! Oh well Thats just life!

Top Bottom