Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non Resident Draw?

Vaguely

PMA Member
Any bowhunters out there put in for bow tag in zone 4 that had a PP but did not get drawn
confused.gif

Trper said his Uncle and his friend were both drawn for zone 4 and had no points. Wonder why you didn't get drawn for a tag if you had a point?

Something must be wrong...my brother put in for Zone 4 bow hunt with a preference point and also did not get drawn. Anybody know who we have to talk to to get it figured out ???
smash.gif

Sorry guys for the confusion. I failed to mention that they drew first season gun licenses not bow licenses. They drew them last year also. Sorry for failing to mention they were gun licenses.
wall.gif
Also I may be wrong on this but just because you have a pref point it still does not solidify the fact that you will get a license. If there are more hunters with pref points than there are licenses then it is the luck of the draw again. If someone out there did get a license without any pref points in the zone you applied for then you need to contact the DNR and ask what is going on with that especially if you had a pref point. My understanding is that everyone with a pref point is guarenteed a license before those who don't have any.

Having a point doesn't guarantee you a drawn license (especially for archery). Although it should guarantee you to get one before someone without a point applying for the SAME season. It seems that applying for the gun hunt w/out a point though does offer a better opportunity to get picked that doing so for the bow hunt w/out a point. My neighbor has drawn everytime he's applied for the muzzleload hunt, point or not. For me it's been every other year that I get drawn. Thank goodness this is that "other" year! Congrats to those that have drawn and condolences to those that didn't, I know your pain.
yippie[1].gif

Make sure you did not apply with someone who did not have a prefrence point. if you did that is the reason for being denied. I know nine guys who had a point and we all drew.
26404-archer[1].gif

Top Bottom