Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non-Resident Questions for Kansas DIY Rio's

Talking about planning a trip to chase Rio's in Kansas this spring with a couple of buddies. Was reading Kansas regs and am having a tough time figuring out exactly what we will need for licenses, more specifically their spring turkey permit. I know I need a Kansas Hunting license on top of permit and tags.

My question is, do I have to have 2 spring turkey permits to have 2 game tags, or is it 1 permit, and I can have 2 game (carcass) tags?

Any of you have any NR experience with Kansas? Is it tough to get onto ground? Is public worthwhile as a fallback with some homework, or would it be better to key in on gaining permission? Any other advice for us?

Going to be gun hunting, decided for an inaugural trip, its the easier route with not knowing what we are getting our selves into. Not slouch hunters, willing to put in miles and the work, have made plenty of hunting trips before, just never chasing limb chickens.

Thanks in advance!

Christian

Yes you have to have a permit for each carcass tag,1 is your 1st one then your 2nd is called a game tag.Also ask for a walk in atlas,it will show if there is any public land.I haven't hunted it but have talked to guys that hunt some of the lakes.It's not impossible to get permission and most county web sites give you the owners names if you don't have a program.There are some issues right not because the state just did away with the online purchase of any tag that has a carcass tag so you must purchase through the KDWPT or a vendor such as Walmart and they are having problems getting their systems to work if they have been installed yet. Good luck and you will most likely see more hybrids unless hunting the eastern part,Easterns east ,Rios west Hybrids in the middle

You need two tags if you are killing birds. Non resident total will run you about $185 plus taxes etc if you purchase the right tags.

Fun area to hunt and alot of birds

I did all kinds of research going into this season, planning a trip to hunt with a buddy who lives in Pratt. Everything that has been said is correct, including what Jarin is saying! :p (just kidding, Jarin!) Unfortunately for me, I won't be hunting turkeys anywhere this year since I get to accompany my daughter on her Kansas turkey hunt and won't have any free weekends for anything else. I'm hoping for next year, though!

Combo permit allows you to kill 2 birds. Why they call one a tag and one a permit I dont understand either. Cheaper if you call and purchase over the phone by the end of the week. My combo and hunting license was $185 on the money (non Kansas resident). Add $7.50 (I think) if you wait and purchase them when you get to Ks at WalMart. No more buying them online.

Top Bottom