Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non-Resident stats.

Vaguely

PMA Member
Anyone have info. on number of applicants for this years non-resident Deer drawing. Just curious to see how or if the price increase affected the number of applications. Didn't know how soon DNR gets these figures together or if anyone out there might have access to such.

3 points

I don't have the numbers but looking through the results I see a lot of bowhunters with 3 points now. :(

I see another price hike coming next year.

I know the resident hunters were against it and in favor of a resident increase but the governor and DNR personal are residents.

I understand the issue very well. Until the NR’s stop applying the price is going to go up. The DNR is going to get the money they need one way or another. Since they can't double the number of tags they'll simply double the price.

There were 10,114 applications for the 6,000 licenses. All 2,100 of the bow licenses were issued. There are 76 firearms licenses left after the drawing (2 in zone 1, 26 in zone 2, 3 in zone 8 and 45 in zone 10). Zone 1, 2 and 10 are in northwest and north central Iowa. Zone 8 is eastern Iowa around Clinton. Here is a link to the map:
http://www.iowadnr.gov/law/regs/zonemap_nonres.pdf

Thanks ElkHunter! That makes the total applications down 1,356 or about 12% from last year. Wonder if it's Non-Residents refusal to pay the increase or the Economy / Obama-Nomics ?

Thanks ElkHunter! That makes the total applications down 1,356 or about 12% from last year. Wonder if it's Non-Residents refusal to pay the increase or the Economy / Obama-Nomics ?

I was going to apply, but decided I could spend 500 more wisely on my farm in MO. I bought my PP before the price hike, but it looks like they will be getting that back next year as the NR tags will probably rise again. :way:

Heck, my dad paid 361 bucks for a 2nd shotgun season doe tag!

There are still plenty of them left over if anyone wants a tag.

How does a person get one of those leftover licenses? I went online and they are not listed... only doe tags.

Iowa1, you go to left over quota license. Look and see what is left over, then just buy your tag online. It will give you some options when selecting your tag, like Late ML season anysex tag, or Shotgun statewide tag. Select the tag, then you have to select a zone. It will not let you purchase a tag unless there are some left over in that zone.

Top Bottom