Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Noodling Time!

KansasHeadHunter

Well, The water finally went down enough to do some grabbin.Caught this one yesterday.First hole we checked this one hammered me.He bit me probably 5 or 6 times before I could get a grip.#35
Noodling_007.jpg

You're braver than I. I don't know if i could go sticking my hand in holes, hoping for something to bite. Nice fish though!

"Sink Box" No, were not allowed to put anything artificial in the water.Bathtubs,boxs,barrels,ect.

Big bank hole under a sycamore tree.The root system was pretty wicked.Thats why it has the large scrapes on it's back.I almost had to put my feet against the bank to pull it through the roots.

crazy.....

nice flatty tho!!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

We had a monster we tried to catch for years in a lake down in Oklahoma.We were sure he would go state record.It would spawn in the same spot every year.It was in an old sunken car.We tried and tried to grab that fish but every time we would dive down to get him he would roll the window up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Dude that is awesome. Noodelers definetely have a bigger set of kohonas than me - regardless of noodle size. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Man thats awesome. I've never tried it but theres a few smaller rivers around here that hold big flatheads. You have any tips you could give me? Best time to go, what to look for, what to feel for, what kinda whiskey to drink before hand...etc...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">theres a few smaller rivers around here that hold big flatheads. </div></div>

Before you try it you might want to check regulations. I think that the only fish you can noodle in Iowa are the rough fish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the only fish you can noodle in Iowa are the rough fish. </div></div>

Just got home from working in Coal Valley, Illinois. Got the mail and i got a surprise. Ol THA4 fixed me up with a couple magazines and a pimpin Iowa Sportsman hat. After reading the Noodling article, I now realize i cant noodle for flatheads in Iowa. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Wonder what the rule is in Illinois? The LaMoine river is real small but holds big flatties in certain holes. Only an hour from me. Might try it out around there if its legal. Ive got family who owns a little chunk of land down on the East River in Northern Missouri. Might give it a shot there also.

By the way thanks for hooking me up Tha4 you are the man.

Last I knew, according to the noodling show on IPTV...there are only 4 states that allow noodling and non of them are Iowa or Illinois.

My luck the first time I'd try to stick my hand in a hole it would end up in a snappers mouth and you'd all be callin me nubs.

I ain't risking my bow season just for hand-hoggin a fish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.

My luck the first time I'd try to stick my hand in a hole it would end up in a snappers mouth and you'd all be callin me nubs.

</div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

I'd rather have a snapping turtle bite my finger off than a beaver chomping on my hand like a cheeto.

I still gotta do it though. Just to say that ive wrastled a flathead out of a hole. I've watched girls do it on youtube. I aint skeered. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

You decide to start sticking your hands in holes down along the Skunk River in the last 20 miles before it dumps into the Mississippi please let me know. I'll grab a cooler, ice down some beer, and I think that might be some mighty fine entertainment to follow you around just to watch.

Hell, I will even give you GPS coordinates to where we electroshocked some nice 40-50 pounders.

Top Bottom