Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

noodling

Because Iowa sucks. I was told by a state fisheries biologist that Iowa's flathead population wouldn't be able to sustain stress brought for from noodling. Primtime hand fishin is during the spawn. Pullin males off nest ruins pounds of eggs if that male is taken.

Because Iowa sucks. I was told by a state fisheries biologist that Iowa's flathead population wouldn't be able to sustain stress brought for from noodling. Primtime hand fishin is during the spawn. Pullin males off nest ruins pounds of eggs if that male is taken.

Yeah, stupid Iowa DNR! How dare they make a law that would protect a resource. :rolleyes: Iowa sucks!

180class said:
Yeah, stupid Iowa DNR! How dare they make a law that would protect a resource. :rolleyes: Iowa sucks!

Yeah because catching them with a pole won't hurt their population but with your hand would? Right

if they are on their nests, they won't bite hook and line. sounds the same as shooting a hen turkey off the nest.
is it really that big of a deal to get that pissed about? i want to see the show where a noodler (sp?) gets a finger bit off by a snapper, or a beaver. now THAT would be entertaining

Yeah because catching them with a pole won't hurt their population but with your hand would? Right

It does when you're just pulling them out of their nests! That's why they bite your hand, they are trying to protect their nest. They bite, you hold on, and pull em out. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

It does when you're just pulling them out of their nests! That's why they bite your hand, they are trying to protect their nest. They bite, you hold on, and pull em out. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

You guys have watched entirely to much TV. Noodling is nothing like what you see in TV. You know first hand whats in the holes before you go in. Your not just stickin your hand in every crack or hole. If you think that stuff on tv is legit You have another thing coming. And yes ive done it in another state completely legally. And its a blast, the adrenaline rush is unlike anything I've done.

Oklahoma has it legalized , there are a lot of catfish there, Iowa doesn't have near the population of catfish so why hurt it any more it has been proven it hurts the population that's why states have reduced the take quota and not made it legal, you want a rush smoke crack, and if some one thinks they know what's in a hole before they stick their hand in it they should patent their ability, we used to box trap catfish on the Missouri river when the stock yards was around and just loaded up on the channel cats now there isn't near the channel cats, leave the short fingers and dumb idea's to the rednecks.

Booner said:
You know first hand whats in the holes before you go in. Your not just stickin your hand in every crack or hole.

How do you "know first hand" (no pun) what it is in a underwater, dark, murky, akward hole before you stick your hand in it?!

Top Bottom