Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Saw some huge bucks by Guthrie Center and a lot of hunters on my way home from school. Saw a 140" 10pt beside I-80 rubbing a tree too.

First time all year no deer sightings from an above average stand. Disappointed isnt the word I am more surprised than anything. Lock down on this farm.

Seen one dink and 4 doe this morning. He was grunting as he was walking but didn't go crazy when he had the group of does come in. Tonight was surrounded by does and yearlings with no bucks in sight. Had my decoy out and the one mature doe worked her way to within 5 yards of it and never spooked. She ended up feeding all around him. The last group of does weren't fond of the decoy though... Last 30 minutes of light was full of wonderful sounds of them blowing at it lol

Friday the 13th was productive to say the least. After dropping kids off for school and getting into stand at 9:45 for all day sit I had good action. Seen a nice 10 cruising at 11am. Seen another nice 10 bird dogging doe and 11:30 and at 1pm I killed a very nice 9pt after he gave chase to a group of does. I will post pics on harvest thread later but was a great day for mature buck action.

Saw 4 bucks all over 140's tonight. One borderline shooter came through at 2, a giant like 300yds away went through CRP.

Yesterday was great in our camp. Partially because they just combined our corn on Friday. Mature bucks chasing does hard. Neighbor shot nice buck at 4:15. Moved most the day except 11:30-2:30 for us.

Same groups of does with fawns,,have them named now. Still not a buck in sight,,guess they are all really scared into night travel,,,or poachers,,60 hrs waiting.

I've seen more hunters than deer this weekend. On the walk out this morning therr were a couple freshly skinned racoon carcasses next to the trail. That could explain why there's no deer in this timber. Gotta love public land

Due to work I've had to become a "weekend warrior" this year with last wknd being my 1st opportunity to sit.
Sat in a stand that I'd normally see deer all day but it was a few at 1st and last light with about 8hrs of debating which squirrel was worth an arrow in between.
Got back out this wknd and was completely skunked on an all day sit yday and same again this a.m. Scott County

Only saw 3 deer this AM. 2 happened to be huge bucks. Wouldn't come close enough for a shot but both were absolute studs.

Have a mature 10 locked down with a doe 60 yards from stand. A dink came by and he left her to chase him and walked up to the opening and then ran him off. Now he's back by her side. Hoping another little buck or the one I'm after come to scent check this bedding area.

Had a young doe sniff me tonight, saw 12 does and 8 bucks. Chasing like crazy! One mature 8 probably 140" mature 10 that's 140" and a crazy old gnarly geezer that I missed! Right over his back at 40 yards! Had a triple main beam, flyers, kickers, stickers, splits drops...he was awesome! Had a really bad hurt leg and I bet he'd only go 120". Still a down right SWEET buck I would have been happy with. Bummed I missed.

No video of him because lost my camera and I just found it in some tall grass. Have video of the other bucks I'll share sometime.

Fairly slow night for me...again. :( Saw a few fawns and a spiker running around some.

Big buck sightings are scarce...although I have received some texts in the past couple of days that indicate that nice ones are moving somewhere.

doe with 2 fawns , then 7 more does , a button buck going from doe to doe grunting as best as he could , then a decent 10 weaved through them , never got closer than 50

I'll weigh in...it's been a strange one for sure. I shot a mature early muzz buck on the 24th and it was the craziest chasing I've ever seen that early as he was harassing a group of 8 does and ran off 2 3.5 year old bucks right before my eyes before I killed him. Nov. 7, 8, and 9 were insane, should've tagged out but I did a hang and hunt on a new farm and didn't have the spot trimmed out, mature 10 point right by me at 5 yards and no shot. Since the 9th it's been dead but some close friends are seeing some insane chasing by mature bucks. I definitely think its a trickle rut, just gotta be where there's a hot doe at the right time. Its tough for sure but that's just my two cents. I think it will still be good hunting the next couple of weeks before they change their patterns and go into their winter herds. I know I won't be giving up.

Top Bottom