Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR landowner tags/does

bjkpharmd

Same disclaimer as my last post on NR tags "Taking note of Onecam's warning to keep it on a constructive & positive note. I know that the cap on NR tags will remain at 6000 for at least another couple years based on the legislation now." If you are a NR landowner, taking into account that residents pay state income tax, deal with lower wages, etc etc etc. What should tags cost if you could buy one every year just like a resident? Would you purchase multiple doe tags if there were seperate tags for buck & doe?

Pharmer,
I would be willing to pay the established NR license fees for ONE any sex tag in ONE season of my choice, and pay additonal $10.00 per doe tag good for all deer seasons. As a NR landowner I still pay a mortgage to an Iowa bank, property taxes to the county and of course the license fees to the DNR. That said, I'm not a resident, and have no problem paying $300+ for a tag every year. Currently, there is legislation introduced proposing to give a free deer hunting license to NR landowners good for shotgun seasons only. This bill has not gone anywhere as of yet, but I do not agree with a free license. As stated above I think NR's should pay the fee, but be able to choose one season to hunt.

i dont think that making non-reses pay more hurts anything, i think you should be able to buy preference points in the lottery system. lets offer 3000 of the 6000 to people for 500$ a crack and guarantee them a spot and let the rest struggle for a few years to get there tag, it is one way of getting more money for the dnr. i feel for people that accept less to live in a great part of the country, but lets face it you dont take a 10,000 a year pay cut to be gauranteed a huntin license. i also believe that residents should kick in a bit more them selve's you are the majority of the hunters and an extra 10$ a piece would go along way. also the nr land owner should be given the right for a resident priced hunting and they should get one every year, they pay taxes for your kids to go to school and to maintain your county they should be treated like a resident

mike

Top Bottom