Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Preference Points

A

acrum

What is the deal on the preferance points. Do they continue to accrue and the people with the most points get the tags or, is the point just good for the following year? If the latter, and your in an area that has 200 permits available and 600 applicants 300 of which have a point, you have a 2/3 chance of getting drawn. What about the next year, still only a chance of getting drawn if you were one of the unlucky ones? Doug Clayton - do you know, I keep hearing different stories and cant find the info anywhere.

Thanks

Arnie

Thanks Doug,
It is still frustrating that the State DNR would go through the effort to put a system in place that will never gurantee a NR a permit even if he applies ever year for the rest of his life and someone else could draw in the same area every other year. I hope that the DNR will revisit this in the years to come if in the areas such as NE Iowa where I still have my farm continue to get pounded with applications.

Such is life though, I'll play with the cards I'm dealt. Thanks for clearing it up.

Arnie

i am curious how many non resident deer license for 2001 and heard its about 7500 or 10k license. this yrs was 6000 will be same for 2001 ?

Do the PP start this past season or will it start next draw?

Preference points started with this year's (2000) application. If you did not get a license this year and you apply next year you will have a preference point.

This year NR licenses were set at 7500 with the last 1500 being antlerless only. What will next years be--that is yet to be set. No doubt there will be some intense lobbying both ways. Last year the DNR favored an increase to 10,000 but it went no where.

Starting in January when the legislators convene and new bills start popping up keep a close watch here as any new developments are usually posted in very short order. Another place to watch is the Iowa Bow Conference (bowsite by Pat Lefemine).

Doug Clayton

Is the preference point system only for firearms season or is it also in place for archery season.I didnt get a tag and wonder is this going to help my chances for 2001.

It is regardless of weapon/season. My understanding is anyone who applied for a permit in 2000 and did not receive one will get a point if they apply the following year.

Arnie

Top Bottom