Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NWTF Leaders ousted!

Wow, that is a surprise!

You would think that guy would love his job and never retire....

wired, ill be closely watching that, hopefully there are not some underlying issues we are unaware of.

Surprising, but they fired the head of the wheeling sportsman division of the organization last year. So who knows what's up. More will be coming out I bet.

Loren . . . Loren . . . where's this hostility coming from? Sounds like you need to get out and kill something!

There was a big uproar over on the NWTF board about 2 months or so ago. One of the guys posted Kecks salary and the moderaters went nuts and kicked a bunch of people off the site, then alot more simply quit.

Keck pulled 380,000 a year. I never dreamed that he would leave that gig! Who knows what is up.

380K a year? For the past how many years? Should have a decent bank roll saved up!

It seems a little more of that money could have gone to help the wild turkey not line some CEO's pocket. I though that was what the N.W.T.F. was all about. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

That was the uproar on the board it took like 30 minutes and the moderators were kicking off people saying that that was private and people had no right to talk about it. But it is a not for profit org so it is all public information. I hurt the NWTF message board alot I think about 100 people left it and went and started a new site.

the guy did a lot, and spent his time making things happen, i have no probelm with him making that kind of money!

The NWTF is responsible for where the wild turkey is at today, and i think those responsible for running that organization are due a little kick back.

JMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the guy did a lot, and spent his time making things happen, i have no probelm with him making that kind of money!

The NWTF is responsible for where the wild turkey is at today, and i think those responsible for running that organization are due a little kick back.

JMO </div></div>

I'm not saying that the NWTF or Rob Keck hasn't played a major roll in the restoration of the wild turkey. I'm just saying that next time I'm at a banquet thinking my hard earned dollars are going to help the wild turkey a little voice in my head is going to be wondering how big of a mansion or yhat do these PR guys need and how does their half a million a year salary really help the organization? "A little kick-back" is fine with me but these guys travel, eat, sleep, and hunt with company funds and get a jumbo salary on top of it? As a non profit organization I would think they would put some sort of cap on the outlandish salaries and let more of the donated dollars do something for the object at hand THE TURKEY!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the guy did a lot, and spent his time making things happen, i have no probelm with him making that kind of money!

JMO </div></div>

I'm not saying that the NWTF or Rob Keck hasn't played a major roll in the restoration of the wild turkey. I'm just saying that next time I'm at a banquet thinking my hard earned dollars are going to help the wild turkey a little voice in my head is going to be wondering how big of a mansion or yhat do these PR guys need and how does their half a million a year salary really help the organization? "A little kick-back" is fine with me but these guys travel, eat, sleep, and hunt with company funds and get a jumbo salary on top of it? As a non profit organization I would think they would put some sort of cap on the outlandish salaries and let more of the donated dollars do something for the object at hand THE TURKEY! </div></div>

Skully I was thinking the same thing. That is one heck of a kickback for a non-profit organization. I would rather see my dollars go to the turkeys like you said and have more reasonable salaries for these guys. IMO

380k seems like a bargain for a smooth CEO that has done a lot for the turkey. Look at salaries of CEOs at even the bottom of the barrel private companies if you want to lose your lunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would you guys that think this is too much call a "reasonable" salary? Just curious. </div></div>

I would think $150,000 for a Non Profit Organization would be a reasonable salary. Of course there would be the other perks on top of it like all the travel, hunting etc. that would come with it.

That is about what they are paying a chain store pharmacist, of course you get all the perks- right DOR?

I'm going to have to agree with Pharmer on this one. Even though it is a non profit the employees and executives can still make money. To recruit good execs from private industry these types of salaries are needed and like pharmer said. This salary is pretty low. If you are concerned about where your money is going check out what percentage of dollars raised goes to administration costs. I'm not a NWTF member yet but i'm guessing it's pretty low.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would you guys that think this is too much call a "reasonable" salary? Just curious. </div></div>

I have several good friends who donate hundreds of hours a year to this organization. They organize the banquets, they sell the tickets, they promote turkey hunting by holding "Jakes Day" and they auction off all of the donated merchandise. They count the money and send it off without earning a penny. I know you need big-shots to run any business but I would be interested to know what the yearly salaries are for the entire "non profit" group. The volunteers I talk about make between $30,000 and $50,000 a year working in factories and construction and are still out there donating knowledge and time to keep turkey hunting available for future generations. With all the perks received by these high profile officers, I would think a more modest salary would suffice considering they wouldn't even have a job were it not for the real volunteers.

Top Bottom