Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NWTF Leaders ousted!

2.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a headace.....

any one have any Advil??? </div></div>

Good debate boys, glad we can throw our blind-witted thoughts out there and smack em' around for a while and be civil about it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif None of my posts were meant to focus on pointing fingers at "one man", I was more concerned about the organization and its limits on higher officials. Coming from a blue collar upbringing and being a simple man, I was taken back by what seemed to me large numbers. Obviously someone was upset or there would have been no corporate changes made. I have donated time to the Jake's Days in my area and will continue to support the NWTF and I do appreciate all that the organization has done for us and our children but the burden has been carried on the backs of MANY who get little recognition and ask for nothing in exchange. These salaries and plush spending accounts just seemed to be a slap in the face to all of the little guys out there who do it for the love of the turkey. Again, no disrespect to Rob or any of his colleagues, who says no to a raise?. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Peace out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so the execs. of the NWTF didnt put in any sweat to get it going? i believe they did!

somebody has to run that organization</div></div>

My thing is, and will continue to be the compensation package. Sure they put a lot of sweat equity in the NWTF, but 380 seems (current salary) a bit ostentatious to me in light of thousands of volunteers that don’t get an expense account to reimburse them for $3.00/gal gas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">~without paid employees, there is no NWTF</div></div>

You are correct, but tell me what the guy or gal that opens the mail makes per year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">~without the NWTF we have no turkeys....</div></div>

I think Randy pretty much took care of that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I highly doubt they would risk penalty for the money they make. they have to pay income tax like every red blooded American, and im sure it would astonish you how much they have to pay Uncle Sam annually.</div></div>

My point wasn’t that I think they are breaking tax laws, rather I’m sure they have found lots of loop holes to protect their money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok Randy, i stand corrected
so that statement was quasi bold of me....
ill retract it and reassert it in a different manner.

The NWTF is an essential piece of the Conservation and redistribution puzzle. i feel a need for them as every devoted waterfowler sees a need for many of the efforts DU is responsible for.....</div></div>

I couldn’t agree more. It shall remain to be seen what happens to the Foundation when new executives take over and at what compensation. If the Foundation fallows under new and less expensive leadership will it because the new and less expensive leadership sucks or will it be because the volunteers drifting off to other passions? Only time will tell.

The 'Bonker

Thomas, thanks for the
help. You have unleashed the monster.

There is and always will be compensation levels of various occupations which do not make sense.

NWTF head - $380K

Wife's Ultrasound Position - somewhere VERY, VERY south of $380K.

I bet Muddy would rather have the ultrasound professional get paid the serious coin if he had a choice ?? When the measurements and evaluations of muffins in the oven are concerned, how do you "value" that level of expertise. Same, I am sure, can be said for some of Bonk's skills also.

We could debate this topic till the suns comes up in the west but I personally think it's a waste of time. Glad the data is public for people to make their own decisions on contribution levels and volunteer efforts. Beyond that, it's been an entertaining read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That seems like a high salary, but in reality in this day and age it really isnt for that type of position.
</div></div>

right on!

especially for a guy who founded/created the NWTF. </div></div>

Here is my .02cents

1. Sorry Thomas, Rob Keck is not the founder of the NWTF the NWTF started in 1974 and Keck came on staff in 1978

2. As far as the percentage numbers go it does look better for the NWTF to pay out 5.7% better than DU,PF or RMEF but as a president of a NWTF Chapter I will tell you on big difference here all of the money made at a NWTF banquet goes to the NWTF in SC then a portion of it comes back to Iowa for a super fund. The portion that comes back I do not know for sure. I know I helped start a new chapter last year our first banquet we brought in $17,000 dollars. Our cut for our chapter out of that was a check for just about $274 dollars. I was very ticked about this. If you want to do anything for your chapter you have to request money from the Iowa Super Fund. That is where they get the money to purchase land and everything else.

PF if your chapter raises money it stays in your county and you control where it goes.

So here is my point PF,DU,and RMEF pay above 15% of their total money but take in a whole lot less than the NWTF because their money stays in your Chapters hands! The NWTF takes all the money and then gives you some back (if you fill out all the forms and stuff in time to meet the deadline)

No doubt the NWTF has helped the turkey Population but I do think $380,000 raised by volunteers for 1 person is a little steep. I think this maybe the cause of the 2 guys getting canned and Keck quitting. I think enough people have complained after learning how it really worked. JMO!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueRibbon 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That seems like a high salary, but in reality in this day and age it really isnt for that type of position.
</div></div>

right on!

especially for a guy who founded/created the NWTF. </div></div>

Here is my .02cents

1. Sorry Thomas, Rob Keck is not the founder of the NWTF the NWTF started in 1974 and Keck came on staff in 1978

2. As far as the percentage numbers go it does look better for the NWTF to pay out 5.7% better than DU,PF or RMEF but as a president of a NWTF Chapter I will tell you on big difference here all of the money made at a NWTF banquet goes to the NWTF in SC then a portion of it comes back to Iowa for a super fund. The portion that comes back I do not know for sure. I know I helped start a new chapter last year our first banquet we brought in $17,000 dollars. Our cut for our chapter out of that was a check for just about $274 dollars. I was very ticked about this. If you want to do anything for your chapter you have to request money from the Iowa Super Fund. That is where they get the money to purchase land and everything else.

PF if your chapter raises money it stays in your county and you control where it goes.

So here is my point PF,DU,and RMEF pay above 15% of their total money but take in a whole lot less than the NWTF because their money stays in your Chapters hands! The NWTF takes all the money and then gives you some back (if you fill out all the forms and stuff in time to meet the deadline)

No doubt the NWTF has helped the turkey Population but I do think $380,000 raised by volunteers for 1 person is a little steep. I think this maybe the cause of the 2 guys getting canned and Keck quitting. I think enough people have complained after learning how it really worked. JMO!! </div></div>
I was waiting for somebody to explain the way it worked. I was a vice president of a chapter. I quit after we could only get $200 for the Jakes day. We had to beg for free hotdogs and pop for the kids meal. I'm done.

Have they filled the vacancies yet? I only make about 50K a year and would love to give them my resume as soon as possible. College graduate with business degree that loves hearing turkeys gobble and do the death flop! I would love to see what kind of action is required to earn that kind of money. If I could get my t.v. personality going I may even score a few sacred governer's tags out of the deal! Let's just face it, it isn't the fact that Keck made so much money to me. It's just the fact we apparently are not lucky enough or smart enough to score a pudd job like that. It's real easy to work hard and be successful at something you truly love!

fair enough Ty, not the first time in this thread i spoke out of context. maybe i oughta learn myself the facts first /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fair enough Ty, not the first time in this thread i spoke out of context. maybe i oughta learn myself the facts first /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

I just gotta keep you honest man! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Police officers,nurses,nurses assistants, anesthesiologists,ultrasound technicians,emt's/paramedics,firefighters.... the list goes on and on. How many get paid what they truly deserve? and how valuable are they to you as an individual when you need one? Bottom line is not many typical blue-collar type jobs get paid what they're worth when you need them but when you have to pay for them (taxes, insurance and doctor bills) then they all make too much. Fact is most of us don't truly understand the corporate world and can't get our thoughts around a six figure salary; then throw in the fact that it's for something we may love but don't need to survive & it gets controversial. Keck & the others probably worked much harder then any of us will ever know but was it hard enough to earn this salary on the backs and efforts of volunteers? We will probably never know. Life is full of inequities that don't make sense & most we will never change.
Maggs

Man, am I a thread killer or what? Every time I post a reply, not often I know, the thread just withers & dies. I must be the "thread jinx". Gusss I'll just stick to reading them.
Maggs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You want to talk outragous wages, lets talk sports! </div></div>

Now THERE is a bingo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Man, am I a thread killer or what? Every time I post a reply, not often I know, the thread just withers & dies. I must be the "thread jinx". Gusss I'll just stick to reading them.
Maggs </div></div>

All we have to do is ask Thomas what he thinks and we can probably get three more days worth of posts. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Man, am I a thread killer or what? Every time I post a reply, not often I know, the thread just withers & dies. I must be the "thread jinx". Gusss I'll just stick to reading them.
Maggs </div></div>

All we have to do is ask Thomas what he thinks and we can probably get three more days worth of posts. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Sooooooo.....whats everyones feelings on leasing???? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
2.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Man, am I a thread killer or what? Every time I post a reply, not often I know, the thread just withers & dies. I must be the "thread jinx". Gusss I'll just stick to reading them.
Maggs </div></div>

All we have to do is ask Thomas what he thinks and we can probably get three more days worth of posts. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Sooooooo.....whats everyones feelings on leasing???? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
2.gif
</div></div>

I was thinking that one also but did not want to give Andy and Thomas a heart attack. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I know some IA deer and turkey guides who are really going to be ticked off when they see Kecks salary. They never wanted to guide him when he was in town because he would he would tip them with NWTF crap he picked up at the office. Mostly small knives and turkey blankets they sell to members.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOBEN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know some IA deer and turkey guides who are really going to be ticked off when they see Kecks salary. They never wanted to guide him when he was in town because he would he would tip them with NWTF crap he picked up at the office. Mostly small knives and turkey blankets they sell to members. </div></div>

That's funny! He was probably paying for the hunt with an NWTF expense account, too. Oh, the entitlements! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom