Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oddest ML you've owned?

I had bought this one at a small gun shop last year just because it was crazy looking and ive never seen one before. They were actually made in Michigan and had excellent barrels on them. Prairie river arms Bull Pup. Walnut stock, 1:48 deep groove rifling. A bit odd to prime and kind of a pain in the :moon: to clean once you were finished. Trigger on it was adjustable and i had that sucker set up for under 1lb trigger pull. Ended up selling it to fund another ML so i didnt get a whole lot of shooting done with it.
DSCN3496.jpg

DSCN3599.jpg

DSCN3491.jpg

DSCN3597.jpg

funky.jpg

I have a Hastings BP .50 barrel for my Remington 870. Never use it anymore, but shot a couple of deer with it in the early '90's.

I had bought this one at a small gun shop last year just because it was crazy looking and ive never seen one before. They were actually made in Michigan and had excellent barrels on them. Prairie river arms Bull Pup. Walnut stock, 1:48 deep groove rifling. A bit odd to prime and kind of a pain in the :moon: to clean once you were finished. Trigger on it was adjustable and i had that sucker set up for under 1lb trigger pull. Ended up selling it to fund another ML so i didnt get a whole lot of shooting done with it.

Old? Cool gun but that gun is not old. I am sure some great examples will show up here shortly...

Well now that you said OLD.... LOL.... Im not sure if this was old or not but its a 54cal smoothie buccaneer musket. I think they used a lot of these in Africa and became known as the african trade musket.

80gr 3f goex, .018 and 530" ball, that sucker would hold a 4 1/2" group at 75 yards. Surprised the heck out of me too as ive always heard muskets were not accurate. Barrel was 54" long.
Picture472.jpg

Picture476.jpg

Picture466.jpg

While not all that odd, you don't see these around much. I built everything on this .38 underhammer including the rifling cutter. 1:18 twist, and shoots a cross patched bullet after loaded through the false muzzle. Strictly a target gun at 25 lbs. Gun no longer has the scope but has globe and peep sight.

Underhammerandtools.jpg

Top Bottom