Off topic, maybe controversial but a lot of fun & excitement!!!!

Discussion in 'Iowa Whitetail Conference' started by Sligh1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

I like JR. Plus he's a hunter. Hope he runs in 2024. :)

Jbohn likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. bigbuckhunter88

bigbuckhunter88 PMA Member

I'm hoping Jr or Crenshaw

4. Slick

Slick Active Member

I would be the first to say when I voted for him in 2016 I did not know what we were going to get. That said I could not be more happy with what he has done. Mainly for taking on China and renegotiating the Mexico/US/Canada trade deal. Yes a recession will come at some point it can't be great for ever but that is only one part of the puzzle. If he continues to tackle immigration, build the military, take a position of strength in the world theater, decrease red tape, and put America first I will not abandon him regardless of the economy.

Hardwood11 likes this.
  5. Slick

Slick Active Member

iowaqdm and Hardwood11 like this.
  6. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Bernie’s kids are avid Broccoli hunters.
    Warren’s kids were busted poaching cucumbers out a Prius window with long bows... I was pretty disappointed there..... tried to get off the hook because of their Native American heritage.

7. ArrowheadMuzzleloader

ArrowheadMuzzleloader Member

Tump 2020! Or should I say Trump Jr 2024! :)

IMG_2347.jpg

Tim Hull, chipterp, iowaqdm and 6 others like this.
  8. Ishi

Ishi Waiting For October

Trump Jr hunted deer several years back in the governor’s hunt. He also spoke at the P&Y biannual convention in Omaha last April...... he is a good man!

9. madplotter

madplotter PMA Member

I think you could change that to all people tell lies, be it from memory lapse, mis-information, mis-speak, or just flat out lies. The difference, we just don't have millions of people hanging on our every word. As far as an honest president, no one would vote for a truly honest president and people who achieve that level in life do not get there by accident so honesty is a gray area. A truly honest president will tell you just a few items:

1. taxes are going to increase
    2. the only way to cut the deficit and eventually the debt, raise taxes and cut services.
    3. their main concern is to get re-elected.
    4. the only reason we have military bases and relationships with other countries is because we pay them money.
    5. illegal immigration is in fact a criminal offense and we must build a wall and enforce penalties to the max.
    6. other countries would destroy our nation and consume our resources if we have weak leadership for too many years.

As a voter and a citizen it is our job to elect someone who puts our country first, uses the oval office as a bully pulpit, and takes no crap off anyone. Make no mistake, current elections are not about who's telling the truth or who's popular it's about erasing 32 years of weak leadership and fighting the globalist elites who hate us and our way of life. It is about keeping the SCOTUS right of center. It is about replacing the federal judges with people who believe in our way of life and the list goes on. Trump is our guy for this reason. He's not perfect but he has the brash nature to do these very things.

As far as always "telling the truth", it is reasonable for us to use some common sense to decipher the political talk from literal. Few things in adult life are black and white.

One of my favorite political commentaries to this point...Why George H told us to "read his lips" was because he was lying out his ass...

My 2 cents...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Lucky 13 likes this.
  10. Slick

Slick Active Member

Sligh1 likes this.
  11. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Go read comments about HUNTING on any left leaning outlet..... not all but a vast majority hate hunters. Despise them. “Wish the animal could hunt them”. “Sick men need to kill animals to be fulfilled in life”. “I wish every person’s hunting partner was Dick Cheney” be 3 of a gazillion examples. Read any comments from left leaning sites & realize how much they despise what I believe is one of the healthiest, wholesome & conservation minded activities that goes on in the world.
    On flip side- calling a spade a spade- I am thankful the left leaning politicians in Iowa, uniquely, seem to be supportive of hunting & our tradition. It’s a bizarre dichotomy.

Tim Hull likes this.
  12. Jbohn

Jbohn Active Member

Sorry Just saving us 8th grade edjamucated peopel time..

di·chot·o·my
    /dīˈkädəmē/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
      "a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticism"

Sligh1 likes this.
  13. Baby-G

Baby-G PMA Member

I agree Buddy!!