Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Off topic question.

beararchery

I was attempting to get most of the road tar off my fender flares for my truck and was told to use kind of spray on tar remover. Well now I'm left with a kind of tinted white stain the size of a baseball on one of my flares...the chemical in the remover left a stain! I just can't seem to get any of it off and have tried scrubbing for around 30 minutes and nothing! Tried a sort of wax called back to black, and nothing! Anyone know whatcould work? By the way the flares are just a black plastic.

Not sure on plastic, acetone works great on painted surfaces. Where's Billy Mays when you need him!

Not that it helps you now. But in the past I have waited for cold weather before trying to remove it. If the vehicle is cold then the tar will come off it so much easier with a cold power wash and some fingernail action for the real stubborn spots. The key is to remove it when it can't smear. Depending on how much you have, it can get pretty tedious.

I use a Mothers clay bar to get that road tar, those little brown rust spots and pretty much anything else that won't come off by scrubbing soap and water. Works great on paint and chrome. You can feel the difference with your finger tips. Not sure it will work on your stained plastic.........

If the flare is not textured plastic you may try a piece of very fine steel wool or very fine sand paper to remove it and then use a polish, not a wax after

Top Bottom