Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old homemade stands

hillrunner

PMA Member
I was cleaning out a shed the other day and got a kick out of these. I used to build these as a teenager. Had them hung all over the timbers in my area. The small one was the seat. They are missing the chains and hooks but I wouldn't be afraid to climb back in one today. (I'm kind of glad I don't have to though )
I used railroad spikes I picked up along the tracks as steps. Believe it or not, these were a big step up from the permanent ones I used to build up in the crotch of a tree in middle School .
f9a44cdee23b11a8f4cb432a52286ea1.jpg
19dc2be236d22f1aeffd17e5619c9f40.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Those are primitive, we've come a long way!

Ha! Those are high class compared to what I started with. I thought I was "the cats" when I cut two notches in a board and wedged that in the crotch of a tree so I didn't have to stand up the whole time, alternating which foot was resting in the crotch. :) Pull up ropes...nah, never heard of them. Screw in tree steps...didn't use them for several years, just flat out climbed the tree and stood on a branch. I did cheat and use a backpack though. :) Man, I can't believe I didn't kill myself...for real. :)

Ha! Those are high class compared to what I started with. I thought I was "the cats" when I cut two notches in a board and wedged that in the crotch of a tree so I didn't have to stand up the whole time, alternating which foot was resting in the crotch. :) Pull up ropes...nah, never heard of them. Screw in tree steps...didn't use them for several years, just flat out climbed the tree and stood on a branch. I did cheat and use a backpack though. :) Man, I can't believe I didn't kill myself...for real.

Ditto, did the same thing but no back pack. Wouldn't dare do it again, too old!

Ahhhh, the good old days. I have to say I'm impressed, I wasn't nearly as ingenuitive. All I did it was nail 2- 2x4's to two trees and slap a sheet of plywood on top. They were never quite level, you had to sit cross legged and when it rained or snowed it was extremely slick. I thought I was big time when I got my first metal hang on stand!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom