Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Snowflake

Liv4Rut

Well guys I had a interesting early muzzleloader season. It started off slow but I managed to get a doe on the first day, which I needed to shoot a buck where I was hunting. The rest of the week not much was going on until the last evening. After the morning hunt, I wanted to walk an area I knew would be hot, just never hunted it because it is so far off the road and I didn't think there were any trees. Once I got in the bottom I knew it would be smoking, big rubs and scrapes everywhere. This bottom was to a inlet of a big lake so I hunted the tall grass flooded area between two killer ridges where I could shoot a long ways. I hung my lonewolf down there about 3:30pm and there I sat. At about 4:15pm I looked way down the valley and I caught a glimpse of a good buck crossing, but no shot.(too brushy) As I sit there a little longer it starts raining and the wind is picking up so I assumed the worst and started planning my late muzzleloader hunt for the area. with about a half hour left I heard a loud grunt from downwind, I grabbed my gun and saw a big yellow racked buck crossing the valley, he went into the brush and I couldn't see him. I did a few blind grunts and from the same area here came a decent sized 6 pointer. It wasn't the same deer. With light fading I look out accrossed the bottom and see a big rack coming in from the other way in the timber about 75 yards. I grabbed my gun and checked him out and noticed his face was real white and just a little on his neck. I assumed he was an old buck and as soon as he stepped out I aimed high on the shoulder and dropped him. It wasn't until later I noticed he was a piebald. Talk about a thrilling hunt, he will definately be a buck of a lifetime for me. I don't think I have ever seen a cape as awesome as this one, thus the name Snowflake. I would like to thank my dad and steve swisher for helping me drag him out.
smile.gif
beerchug.gif
He grossed right at 157 and weighed 218 pounds field dressed
1005DSC00490-med.JPG

Wow Mike what a great Buck!!! Great Job on him. Student loan gonna full body mount him?

Strong work Liv. Definitely worth sticking it out. Sounds like a good spot to be later on as well.

Congrats Liv, that is one heck of a beauty! I'm with you, that has to be one of the most awesome looking capes I have ever seen and he also had some good headgear going on! Again congrats!

I've got to agree with Kat. That is maybe the coolest looking deer I've ever seen, what an incredible cape. Congrats ona fine animal and a great hunt!!
grin.gif

Great perseverence and great buck! A student huh? Make the sacrifice and do the best mount you possibly can. You will never regret it. Congratulations. Maggs

Top Bottom