Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

One tough buck

Nrharris

PMA Member
I thought maybe you guys would find this as interesting as me. I will start with the back story. I farm full time so I rarely get to bow hunt. Normally I go late muzzleloader only but I had trailcam pictures of a couple bucks I liked do I got a landowner tag for shotgun and took my smokepole out for an all day sit in one of my shacks. About 1030 on saturday this guy gets pushed right to me. Still don't know where he came from or who pushed him. I didnt see the broken beam when i shot him but noticed it right away when i walked up on him. I decided after seeing the broken beam i would do a european mount. While skinning the head i noticed a nasty infection between his antlers. After cleaning the skull i noticed he fractured his skull all the way around his base. Never seen that before. Gotta think he got hit by a car. Unless he was just that mean. Resized_20171204_181456.jpeg Resized_20171207_175217.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized952017120295145359956599.jpg
    Resized952017120295145359956599.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 80
Great buck! Congrats! I could believe that fighting could do that. Then you can daydream about chasing the buck he was fighting with.

My old man shot a big ole buck years ago during shotgun season like that. He was laying out in the middle of a frozen pond and obviously not all there. He was pretty sick. When they picked his head up they noticed one of his antlers wobbled considerably. His antler was just like that. Skull broken in the same place.

My money is on a car. Or possibly he's the deer from the video with the ram. To snap that thick beam and fracture the skull took some real power.

Top Bottom