Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening day duck hunt

FinBonZ

Life Member
Not near as many ducks around as last year at this time but we still had a great morning! Mostly blue winged teal with a couple of extras.

Great pics, looks like you guys had a good weekend. I was very surprised with the wet spring we had how well the ducks actually did. Seemed like a lot of local mallards and woodies where I hunted. This was probably my best opener. I think that cold front that moved in on Thursday really helped the guys up north. Saturday we shot a good amount of mallards and Sunday was more of a teal shoot. It sure was nice to have "some" water up north compared to the past couple openers.

nd75sz.jpg

Looks like a lot of big ducks! We saw just a few mallards and no pintail. Looks like your dog is worn out from the hunt!

Looks like a lot of big ducks! We saw just a few mallards and no pintail. Looks like your dog is worn out from the hunt!

I was very surprised/excited to see yet another year for us in Iowa having a good mallard hatch. Between Saturday and Sunday we killed more mallards than teal which is surprising, think we ended up shooting 15 mallards in 2 days. What part of the state where you in in you don't mind me asking? We were up in north central part. A lot of weekend one and done hunters but overall good opener for us. And yep that was my buddies dog she retrieved 13 ducks and chased couple cripples around, mine was at home didn't figure a 5 month old should fend off spraying BB's from the duck dynasty fans that were out in full force. ;)

I was very surprised/excited to see yet another year for us in Iowa having a good mallard hatch. Between Saturday and Sunday we killed more mallards than teal which is surprising, think we ended up shooting 15 mallards in 2 days. What part of the state where you in in you don't mind me asking? We were up in north central part. A lot of weekend one and done hunters but overall good opener for us. And yep that was my buddies dog she retrieved 13 ducks and chased couple cripples around, mine was at home didn't figure a 5 month old should fend off spraying BB's from the duck dynasty fans that were out in full force. ;)

Were you at the Marsh or Bogs?

Top Bottom