Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

opening day.................yesssssssssss

Hey, I'm off tomorrow. I could go bow hunting in the afternoon. I've got a doe tag to fill! Guess I'll be doing some laundry tomorrow. Still kind of warm. Bettwer check the forecast!
wink.gif

Well I just checked an area nearby and got my best look yet at the buck I posted about while in velvet. I have never seen him in daylight but know as the rut nears he'll be more active in day light. I spotted him about 50-60 yard off the road. He let me watch him for some time. Symmetry looks very good! He'll make B&C. I know his home turf, so I might try him before he starts roaming wide in the rut. I lost one of my favorite hunting spots on the opposite side of the road but I think I can still get a swing at him. I've scouted the area but have zero stand up. I'm pumped, he's a great buck!
grin.gif

[This message has been edited by scout (edited 10-01-2001).]

I had the day off after a great weekend at the nascar races in kansas this weekend!Trimed some last shooting lanes at a stand this morning,when i took my saw back to the truck,i walked to the corner of a corn field still in and a crp field to maybe hang a stand at if the corn is going tp be in this month when a 12pt. 160+ buck and a 4pt.that were bedded trotted out of the area 20yrds away.I already know who Iam going after this year.Took a nice 11pt. 150 class buck from this stand last year and four toms in the last four years 50yrds from this stand.I now call it the honey hole!

its opening day, thank god, I was walking out to my tree stand and I triped up a good looking buck, when i was there I had two dows go by, tuff to let them go, but here is to getting a monster!
smile.gif

I saw 2 does and a 140" buck. I could see something moving up and down a tree thru the timber....or so I thought. After watching them thru the binocs I could see that they were all standing on their hind legs eating acorns out of the tree. It was pretty funny to watch.
Pretty hard to corner them at a food source when the food source is the whole timber!

Top Bottom