Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Outfitted acreages - numbers please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You guys cant just look at Outfitters. There are plenty of filming crews in Iowa that buy/lease ground for that purpose.</div></div>

I don't buy those kind of vids anymore and haven't payed attention. I realize H.S. is, who are the others? I'll take the info if anyone has solid numbers on their operations. </div></div>

I dont have solid #'s cause they dont list that info cause they dont have to or need to, to prove that they have ground for you to hunt cause you cant hunt it.

Im not going to name specific people because it isnt necessary and Im not here to call anyone out, just stating some other information and that is all.

Just look at the video's on the shelf at Scheels and that will tell you who owns/leases ground in Iowa, there are a bunch.

And some live in Iowa and some dont.

Iowa Trophy hunting in Guthrie Center has around 1000 acres. It is owned by John Hambleton but he as a booking agent that is out of Minnesota, I can't remember his outfits name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iowa Trophy hunting in Guthrie Center has around 1000 acres. It is owned by John Hambleton but he as a booking agent that is out of Minnesota, I can't remember his outfits name. </div></div>

Thanks, I got them.

I found that a large portion of outfitters do not list specific numbers for Iowa. Many of them operate in other Midwest States also and only list a total amount of ground for thier combined operation. With that in mind, I only counted acres of ground which were specifically advertised as Iowa ground. I did get quite a few PM's telling me about local outfitters and their numbers, but I had no way of confirming them. I can tell you there are a whole bunch more outfitters in Iowa that I couldn't find numbers for than ones that I could!

So keeping in mind that I only got a small percentage of what's really out there, I came up with 68,000 plus acres of advertised outfitted ground here in Iowa. I wish there was a way to account for them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteveO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, good work. That is a lot of time and kind of depressing in a way if you think of it. </div></div>

It really wasn't hard. Check out the numbers listed in the first post. We can see it only takes a small number of outfitters to lock up a ton of ground. Then consider that only 1/3 of Iowa's landscape is timbered and our timbered areas are typically our best deer hunting grounds. It won't take long for areas to be locked up.

Then consider that only 1/3 of Iowa's landscape is timbered and our timbered areas are typically our best deer hunting grounds. It won't take long for areas to be locked up. [/quote]

Actually, the number of Timbered areas in Iowa is 5-8% depending on where you look.

Top Bottom