Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Owen's 2016 turkey

zvholk

We didn't have much luck Saturday morning, as the birds flew down out of the roost and went the other way. Sunday morning they did the samething but eventually came out into the field, but would not come closer the 40 yards before leaving the property.
Sunday afternoon Owen and I went to another hotspot that 3 toms had been hanging around before going to bed. We were all set up by 4:00pm, and having some father son time in the blind. About 5:45 Owen was saying that he wanted to just go home because he had other stuff to do and he was tired from getting up so early the last 2 mornings. It took some talking, but I got him talked into staying for a bit longer. He came up with the idea that I had to give him 5 bucks if he didn't get a shot at a turkey.
At about 6:30 here comes 6 hens around the corner with 2 toms in tow. We stared to move the decoys and it didn't take long for the toms to close the gap. At 8 yards he made a perfect shot and he was dead in his tracks.
I am so proud of him that words can't describe.
After we did hug and fist pumps Owen says to me "I guess I owe you five bucks dad!!"
And this is what the 2nd tom did to my decoys after Owen shot his bird.https://youtu.be/F7W-MzAxjtI

Last edited:
Nice! Keep that pic, it'll look good at his graduation party in a few years. :D Congrats to all!

Congrats on a great bird! I'm hoping that whatever has my daughter out of action right now is gone by Thursday so we can take off for the opener of the AZ youth turkey season!

Owen

Nice job Owen way to Get R Done!! Paying up the $5 bucks builds character but building memories together is priceless!! Nice job Zach can't wait to share the same with Cameron!!

Very nice bird young man and never give up. It all can change in a second and great video!!

Top Bottom