Ozone generators

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by deerhunter93, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Bowtech84

Bowtech84 Well-Known Member

Think I will just stick with hunting the wind lol

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Jbohn

Jbohn Active Member

I do use ever calm and wash my cloths with scent killer gold and spray down I know I can smell my cloths when I am done washing I assume the deer can do and maybe don't relate it to human scent. Does the Ozonics actually work that you mount in the tree.. ?

4. Tim Hull

Tim Hull PMA Member

I don't think Ozonics can put out enough ozone to cover your entire scent that you put out. I do use ozone generators to clean my clothes inside totes, but I spend 40 bucks instead of 200 plus on the scent crusher.

5. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 PMA Member

Scent crusher is a marketing genius. You can buy comparable products on Amazon for a fraction of the cost. Like anything deer related, the price goes WAY up. Commercial grade ozone room cleaner for $60 vs the tiny room cleaner deal from scent crusher..... Look it up. ;)

arm likes this.
  6. Ishi

Ishi PMA Member

You are very correct on that statement. I've been contemplating on buying a room cleaning for the shop for 65$ on Amazon. I have no interest in using it for hunting just to help clean odors.
    65$ isn't a big issue to spend for this unit but do they really work on curbing odors?

7. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 PMA Member

the units have been used in the fire and flood restoration field for years, so I have to believe they do work. I bought the $65 commercial grade 4,500 mg unit.

8. Boonervilleusa

Boonervilleusa Member

I agree Scent Crusher is a marketing genius. I don't personally see a problem with that. They certainly aren't the first company to market products to hunters that were already commercially available for other applications. In the age of the internet and social media people are more than capable of doing their own research on a product. Whether it is a Scent Crusher unit or something you put together yourself, I absolutely know that ozone helps. This is my 2nd season using it (Scent Crusher) and I can say with 100% confidence I have seen a difference in how deer react when they are downwind of me. Just last night, I had 2 does come to 5 yards directly downwind of me. They put their noses in the air and were clearly trying hard to smell "something". The something they were smelling was the ozone, and the deer did not equate it to danger and went about their business. I am fanatical about my scent control anyway. I put every piece of my gear I took in the woods through my Scent crusher unit before I went hunting, and still sprayed down twice, once at the truck and again in the tree, and even with that I never hunt a stand with a bad wind. I'm not going to try to use fancy words to say what ozone does or does not do. All I will say is that I know it works.

arm and IowaBowHunter1983 like this.
  9. Ishi

Ishi PMA Member

Well I going to pull the trigger on one. It will be a business expense which doesn't hurt. I'll post on how the unit preforming at a later date

10. Brett Morris

Brett Morris PMA Member

I bought a scent crusher closet last fall: Amazon had free shipping and nearly 70% off. No idea how but I took advantage quickly.

I have about $60 in the closet. Even if the ozone did absolutely nothing the closet is incredibly convenient for storing my hunting clothes. That being said I do feel confident the scent crusher has made a difference. The buck I killed last week was DIRECTLY down wind for several minutes, he knew something wasn't right but still committed to closing the distance.

11. arm

arm Active Member

Can you put your body in it with your head out the zipper? Semi serious question:)

Brett Morris likes this.
  12. LYON

LYON PMA Member

Ozonics inside a Heater body suit??? :D:D

Jbohn and arm like this.
  13. Oct-Lull

Oct-Lull Active Member

I looked at getting one for my basement, for the musty smell in the older part. I looked at some commercial versions used in restaurants. Not to beat a dead horse but they did not use them when people were present, and it also talked about expecting degrading of synthetic fabrics and rubber components. I am sure they work. Not sure what damage they cause, alot to read

14. bigbuckhunter88

bigbuckhunter88 PMA Member

I have a cheap unit bought off Amazon. We worked in a fire damaged house and a bunch of flood houses this summer and I got to talking with the cleaning company. Ozone definitely works from the results I saw and I started asking them questions and the units they had available were more commercial units but they steered me in the right direction. Mounted it to a big tote with the hose running inside.

15. Mike311

Mike311 Member

Look up Global Plasma Solutions on the web, they produce cold plasma devices that fit multiple situations. I have one that fits in my furnace blower. Also look up UV light air purifiers as well, I have one in my other furnace. Both work well in my opinion but the UV light bulbs have to be replaced every 1-2 years. Both units are designed to kill odors, viruses, mold, VOC’s etc. Fry bacon turn the tstat to fan on and in 20 minutes smell is gone. Not sure that this is a hunting clothes solution but a musty basement smell it does the trick.

16. msauer933

msauer933 Member

Why would you want to kill bacon smell?o_O

Ishi likes this.