Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics review- 2 hunts, 26 deer

Never tried one, never will. Appears like it would be just another gimic to have to lug into the woods, drop out of the tree, alert deer while messing with it, etc. I've got some ocean front propery in central Iowa for sale, interested?

I wonder if I could attach my Acorn Cruncher to it somehow to enhance it? Both seem to work great solo but what are the possibilities when used in tandem?

I wouldn't use one even if they worked 100% because I refuse to drag anymore stuff to the woods. Keeping it simple makes hunting more enjoyable for me. It seems from others on here that their refund policy is top notch so there is not much risk involved. If it works for you great. If not send it back for a refund and you are out a little time and some return shipping.....pretty low risk these days.

I have used one for 2 bow seasons now. Killed two nice bucks as well, (the one was directly downwind) Was it the ozonics? who knows.. The way I see it, if I believe it will help me give me the upper advantage while hunting then I will use it and I will continue to use it. The battery life is so so. I normally can only sit in the stand for 3 hours tops anyways. I just charge it after every hunt and i'm ready to go. The only problem I have had and still have is that my threads on the mount are stripped out and the unit will no longer stay in position, so it requires a little innovation but that's alright.

When you say things like "I kill big deer without one", then I assume you don't want any unfair advantage when hunting, specifically; when bowhunting? Do you shoot a compound bow? If-so, you are being a hypocrite because a compound bow (compared to a stick and string) is the biggest advantage most of us use.

Ozonic's is no-different. It's a tool, that when used properly will eliminate most of your blown hunts due to snorting does, or letting a buck know there is a human in the area.

Anyone who is honestly interested in them; consider that 99% of what you will read as-far as negatives are concerned are being trumped up by guys who have ZERO personal experience using one.

I have and will continue to defend this product. It works in an industry filled with gimmicks that can't beat a whitetails nose. This is the only one I've ever put any faith into - because from DAY 1 using them, I had proof they worked; and it was whitetails nose and reaction that proved it - not some guy online saying they don't work. On-top of all this, we have proof on video time and time again with deer smelling us - looking in our direction, wind floaters floating to them, they shake their tail and walk on. No one will address this single proof - how can we do it when a deer is clearly smelling what is coming from our location. Anyone who's seen The Great Divide can attest to this. Tell me how we're doing it then??????

My .02 cents....

Last edited:
You know what they say about assumptions Todd.

Out of curiousity, how long did you use one previous to them being spotlighted as a sponsor on your DVD? (pretty irrelevant, but a fun question to ask)

I have no doubt that they do exactly what you say they do; blast out headache causing, ball shrinking, cancer producing ozone that confuses everything in the woods. I get it. it covers up the smell of racing striped underwear, stipper perfume, beer farts and much much more. The problem is, you just added one more thing that wasnt in the woods before, and deer know that its there.

I'm going to go take a scent free shower now.

tumblr_li0s9igCBt1qbolbn.jpg

PS: We used one on Safari. Warthogs loved it, they hit the scent cone and came right in, worked just like "Deer Sense Smoking Sticks" do. Just don't mistake them with a cigar.

Last edited:
When you say things like "I kill big deer without one", then I assume you don't want any unfair advantage when hunting, specifically; when bowhunting?

I think what was being said was that big deer get killed without one. Whether in hinders or helps, if they dont want to use one, they wont. People on the site have used it and said it didnt work, and then you say it does. Well, its a ford vs chevy battle at that point. Everyone will have their own opinion, and most wouldnt say a thing if you didnt try to pursuade everyone so hard that it does work. And trust me, I get it that you are happy about a good product (in your mind) its just everyone has their own opinions, so relax and enjoy looking for velvet bucks and checking cams instead of trying to push so hard.
A side note, I killed a 5 1/2 year old deer last fall at 4 yds, on the ground, he was downwind and never knew I was there (without ozonics)

When you say things like "I kill big deer without one", then I assume you don't want any unfair advantage when hunting, specifically; when bowhunting? Do you shoot a compound bow? If-so, you are being a hypocrite because a compound bow (compared to a stick and string) is the biggest advantage most of us use.

I really don't care much about this little pissing match but in fact I would not use an Ozonics even if I did believe that it worked partly because I do consider it an unfair advantage. If you equate the use of some fancy electric gadget that is meant to take the place of woodsmanship, a good hunting strategy and to some degree chance with a compound bow that is used to finish the hunt then your idea of hunting is a lot different then mine. If Ozonics does work and the deer never has a chance to detect you because of it then it sounds a lot like shooting one from 500+ yards with a high power. Not that I care if that's your thing then go for it.:way:

Sooner or later (sooner)...Iowa and a few other states will be down to record low big buck numbers anyway. To much BS to be bought to fool deer...gimmicks, tinker toys and junk to fool animals. Hell, turning to pin raised monsters will soon cross everyone's minds...Its coming...just wait.

All these guys who get "sponsors" and give into the money game are all sellouts. Plain and simple...Money rules most and turns many...Guess if ya wanna keep a show and travel all over ya better rep some BS tool to sell.

It's just like anything else, once the deer start to associate it with danger it will all be over..... Hunting the wind is and always be your best option

One of my friend's that I personally consider one of the best hunters I know, bought and used the Ozonics this past season, Many of us could not wait to hear his review, i questioned him straight off on why he even thought he needed this product after all of his many years of success without, LOL he does have deep pockets when it comes to buying gadget's but as of now he still has not said it worked for him

And Sniper I really liked what you said!

Plenty of arrogant individuals in this thread who think they are above everyone else. Quit throwing stones from glass houses people.

Until you cut down your own tree and make the bow, chisel your broad heads, knit your own clothing and whatever else you need then just keep your mouth shut and quit stirring the pot!

Plenty of arrogant individuals in this thread who think they are above everyone else. Quit throwing stones from glass houses people.

Until you cut down your own tree and make the bow, chisel your broad heads, knit your own clothing and whatever else you need then just keep your mouth shut and quit stirring the pot!

And he chimes back in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom